****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I go the other direction and Prohm needs to sign a big post AND athletic power forward. We lack physical play and are a bad rebounding team.

The reality is Foster and Conditt may be our only big men on the roster next year. And Conditt's play so far this year raises questions on if he can be an effective Big12 player.

At some point the 8 or 9 guards/wings have to produce.

IMO if we would have a stronger post/paint game, our guards would automatically be better 3 point shooters because they would get better shots.

I think we need both. Just doesn’t seem like we have had that shooter (or two or three) for a couple years that can go 4-7 from downtown at least on occasion.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Is this, “by many”?. You can’t tell me he is the best of the many guards or wings ranked above him, which there are a lot of.
Fair enough, go ahead and watch all the videos on the guys you think are better and report back to us. Or you could watch his video and see this kid has all the components required to be an elite shooter.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
I go the other direction and Prohm needs to sign a big post AND athletic power forward. We lack physical play and are a bad rebounding team.

The reality is Foster and Conditt may be our only big men on the roster next year. And Conditt's play so far this year raises questions on if he can be an effective Big12 player.

At some point the 8 or 9 guards/wings have to produce.

IMO if we would have a stronger post/paint game, our guards would automatically be better 3 point shooters because they would get better shots.
Hinson should be an athletic power forward for us next year.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hinson should be an athletic power forward for us next year.
Agree, think he and Foster will make a nice frontcourt next year. Hopefully Johnson, Blackwell and Conditt can give us quality backup minutes. Yes, i know Johnson may start in the backcourt.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
From what I’ve seen of Alden’s film, he can do a lot more than just shoot.
You rated my Conditt could grad transfer as dumb. Why? He obviously is not playing at a big 12 level. He could be a nice player at a non power 6 school. I think it would help him get playing time and would help us get a guy that’s more on our level. So I’m Confused why you disagree

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You rated my Conditt could grad transfer as dumb. Why? He obviously is not playing at a big 12 level. He could be a nice player at a non power 6 school. I think it would help him get playing time and would help us get a guy that’s more on our level. So I’m Confused why you disagree

I would have agreed 100% but the WV game has been a little more optimistic about him. I do think it's obvious his development hasn't gone how we thought it would. He should have red shirted, he just hasn't grown into the huge growth spurt he had in HS, still much too weak physically be a factor in the big 12, maybe the extra covid year will be what he needs to bring his game along. The main reason I wouldn't see him transferring is because obviously loves ISU, it may make sense for his bball career but it's tough to see him leaving based on his passion for the school.

Reactions: Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I would have agreed 100% but the WV game has been a little more optimistic about him. I do think it's obvious his development hasn't gone how we thought it would. He should have red shirted, he just hasn't grown into the huge growth spurt he had in HS, still much too weak physically be a factor in the big 12, maybe the extra covid year will be what he needs to bring his game along. The main reason I wouldn't see him transferring is because obviously loves ISU, it may make sense for his bball career but it's tough to see him leaving based on his passion for the school.

I agree with this somewhat. I think he is a great kid and loves the school. Hopefully he can contribute more in the future. I just see him getting spot mijutes.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Since you asked...

First, because it’s a grand total of six games into what is clearly a season royally screwed up by COVID complications. Anything could happen by February. George could easily have his game straightened out by then.

But mostly because he’s a junior, not a freaking senior. He’s not going to grad transfer anywhere.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Since you asked...

First, because it’s a grand total of six games into what is clearly a season royally screwed up by COVID complications. Anything could happen by February. George could easily have his game straightened out by then.

But mostly because he’s a junior, not a freaking senior. He’s not going to grad transfer anywhere.
Not impossible for a junior to grad transfer. He's already been through 3 summer schools. Plus online classes make it easier.

I can't recall the exact # of credits, but Talley took an incredible # of credits online the summer he transferred to ISU.

Reactions: Drew0311

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not impossible for a junior to grad transfer. He's already been through 3 summer schools. Plus online classes make it easier.

I can't recall the exact # of credits, but Talley took an incredible # of credits online the summer he transferred to ISU.
If you want to be picky, “grad transfer” is about to be irrelevant when the NCAA approves immediate transfer eligibility. Assuming they haven’t already.

See? I can nitpick too!:cool:

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
Well - you are not wrong. More than one way to be successful.
I do think we seem committed to small ball.
Playing small, with guys that cannot shoot, will not yield success. Recipe for disaster imo.
Small ball is successful. But it is small at 4 and 5, not 1 through 3. Cant ay Harris and bolton at same time and expect to guard and rebound. They aren't good enough offensively for there lack of size.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Small ball is successful. But it is small at 4 and 5, not 1 through 3. Cant ay Harris and bolton at same time and expect to guard and rebound. They aren't good enough offensively for there lack of size.
Bolton not good offensively?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
No.

He’ll be a bigger fourth guard. Definitely not a PF, not least because rebounding isn’t his strong suit.

I wouldn't say that...He averaged 5 Reb a game last year playing the wing. Heck I'd take a 6'7 kid who can grab 5 reb a game and shoot 3's..lol.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron