****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
whats the deal with Texas recruiting Midwest hard? Is he trying to recruit kids a little more like what he had coaching at a midmajor? IE players that are good but are more likely to stay 3-4 years.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
whats the deal with Texas recruiting Midwest hard? Is he trying to recruit kids a little more like what he had coaching at a midmajor? IE players that are good but are more likely to stay 3-4 years.

Just looked at their offer list on 24/7. The 3 commits are the players with rankings under .9000.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
No. Texas has always hit up the Mid West. They just happen to not be landing 4 and 5 Stars like normal in this cycle.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I saw Sallis 6 times last year, I know HS ball is different but IMO he's still got a ways to go. He's an elite athlete but really inconsistent shooting and lacks the ability to create for others. I can't see him ever playing PG at the p6 level. The state title game, their starting PG (Old Dominion recruit Jadin Johnson) fouled out early in the 4th. Sallis went to PG, they started to run everything through him and blew a double digit lead, including 6 missed FT's by him` down the stretch. Granted, he was playing against Wisconsin recruit Chucky Hepburn but he looked lost, he did almost nothing to get the other two high major recruits he plays with involved and didn't look comfortable being the alpha. I could get how he may look better in summer ball playing with other studs, not having the pressure on him to create everything.

His upside is huge and I would take him on that alone (esp with Hunter in the bag at PG) but I won't fret if we miss out, he's still pretty raw. I feel like if he ends up at KU, UK or UNC, he'll eventually transfer and finish closer to home (or GL route). Don't get me wrong, he's going to be really good, I just don't see those programs wanting to wait the 2 or 3 years it'll take for him to develop in to his ranking.
I think Sallis is UNC bound because it sounds like that is the best fit for him. They are a transition team and that is his strength.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Recruiting notebook with ISU interests mentioned.

"Jordan Nesbitt is going to do a prep year this upcoming season before entering college, and had the summer been open, it seems that Nesbitt would be one of the more talked about wings in the class. He has the combination of size, skill and athleticism you would like in a wing, and he proved it at the Bradley Beal Elite Showcase this past weekend.
On the recruiting trail, it is going to be very tough for any school to get in with Nesbitt and get him away from home. Nesbitt has close ties with his family, and the Billikens are in a prime position to steal one away from power conference programs. If St. Louis does indeed continue their stranglehold on this recruitment, Nesbitt has the potential to be an all-league player and someone who makes a huge impact from day one.

2021 five-star prospect Hunter Sallis has gradually been becoming a bigger priority for some of the nation’s top programs. Now that Kennedy Chandler has made his commitment, expect that trend to continue gaining steam as other fellow five-star guard prospect, JD Davidson, is moving forward with his recruitment and cutting his list to six soon."

Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Prohm got ISU in Lawson’s Top 5 now too.

“ Johnathan Lawson, the 6-foot-6, 165-pound small forward from Wooddale (TN) High School, has cut his list to five schools.
Ranked the No. 27 small forward and No. 119 overall player in the Class of 2021 per 247Sports.com, Lawson is down to Arkansas, Oregon, Alabama, Vanderbilt and Iowa State.”

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Initial thoughts of Tamar Bates final Seven announcement.

"On Aug. 28, four-star shooting guard Tamar Bates will leave Kansas City to spend his senior season at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy. Before heading to IMG, though, the 6-foot-5 scorer decided to cut his list down and he’s got a final seven of Alabama, Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Oregon and Texas. Initially, Bates had planned to wait until the spring to make his decision. I asked him if that is still the case?

“I want to sign in the early period in November, so (I’ll) look to commit before then,” said Bates.

Given that Bates is moving up his timeline and that the status of when he may or may not be able to take visits is up in the air, his early visits to Creighton, Kansas and Missouri have could be very helpful. The Jayhawks currently lead in Futurecast, but as I've written before, with Bates his recruitment is tough to read and he's not somebody that should be considered a lock for any one school over another."

Reactions: Aclone

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Warm:
SF Kaleb Washington: FSU, Georgia, GT, ISU, San Diego State 3/7/20
SF Alden Applewhite: ISU, Miss St, Ole Miss, St. John's 5/7/20

High:
CG Wesley Cardet Jr.: Alabama 6/29/18
CG Tamar Bates: Alabama, Creighton, ISU, KU, MO, Oregon, UT 5/13/20
SG Hunter Sallis: Gonzaga, Nebraska, Kansas, Louisville, UNC, UCLA 9/1/18; 9/1/18; 6/15/19; 9/14/19
SG Dallan Coleman: GT, Louisville, Memphis, tOSU, Ole Miss 6/24/18
SF Alex Fudge: 7/24/19
SF Johnathan Lawson: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa State, Oregon, Vanderbilt

Recent Offers:
SF Jordan Nesbitt: Nebraska, Illinois, ISU +8 6/12/20

Offers:
PG Carter Whitt: BC, Alabama, NC State, Nebraska, VT, WF 7/7/19
SF Jordan Shorter: 6/29/18
SF Bryce Hopkins: 6/22/19
SF Andrew Williams: 5/21/20
PF Isaiah Nelson-Ododa: 9/9/19

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
ISU is in Sallis Top 12... top competition.

(In before the complainants about players releasing top 12 lists. Better to be in than out.)

Sallis told Rivals.com that he is now focused on a group of 12 that consists of Alabama, Auburn, Creighton, Gonzaga, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, and UCLA.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO

(In before the complainants about players releasing top 12 lists. Better to be in than out.)

Sallis told Rivals.com that he is now focused on a group of 12 that consists of Alabama, Auburn, Creighton, Gonzaga, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, and UCLA.

He's got a big focus.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Based on that list it appears the only way we get him is he wants to be an instant alpha to get to the league ASAP possibility to the determent of the team. That may not be the case but after getting a huge team first guy like T Hunter I'd hate to take a chemistry killer.

djsevcik

Sep 9, 2017
Isn’t Breece Hall Sallis’ cousin? That has to be of some value in the recruitment. Any word if Breece is telling hunter to come East?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron