****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
He looks quite a bit shorter than 5'11" from the videos and he's very slightly built. It'll be interesting to see if he can start putting on good weight.

He is another lefty, and an ISU Legacy. It will be interesting to watch his development and recruitment.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
IMG_1020.JPG
Heck of a game last night between two 2020 prospects that are on ISU's radar. Bowen Born #13 in white and Xavier Foster #34 in marooon. Born came up big in Norwalk's exciting win. Foster was a little quiet but the kid has some hops as he was way above the rim on an alley-oop dunk. Foster has lots of potential and you can tell he has some pretty good skills. Born is quick and athletic. Pretty savvy for a soph with great shooting form. It'll be exciting to watch these two develop. Both teams are ranked in the top 10 in class 3A so hopefully we'll be able to watch at least one of these guys in the state tournament.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Short update with Jalen Suggs where he discusses ISU, Iowa and Minny.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...gs-looking-to-make-most-of-recruiting-process

IN HIS OWN WORDS
Iowa: "The Iowa visit was great. It's always great seeing those coaches. I really love the staff there. They are real friendly, they know the game and I love going down there to see what they are about."

Iowa State: "Iowa State was equally as fun as Iowa. That coaching staff is great, too. I sat down with coach Prohm and we broke down a bit of film and discussed some point guard things and what they as a program run on offense. It was a time for me to get to know him and the program."

Minnesota: "I love Minnesota. Obviously it's the hometown and assistant coach Ben Johnson and coach Pitino, they come into the gym pretty regularly. They are always there to check up and seeing them come in, it's all fun. I just saw the new facility they have for their athletic program and it's great. I like what they are doing there and I feel like Minnesota is a program on the uprise."

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
No idea where to post this but thought it should be put up somewhere. SIAP.

Should we give the little Hoibergs offers right now?

Am I the only one who thinks that neither Holberg will even consider ISU? Don't think they'd enjoy the glass house and comparisons they'd be under. Of course, we don't even know yet if they'll be high major prospects. Or are they?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Am I the only one who thinks that neither Holberg will even consider ISU? Don't think they'd enjoy the glass house and comparisons they'd be under. Of course, we don't even know yet if they'll be high major prospects. Or are they?
I think you are spot on with Paige and Jack, as I felt they were old enough that the constant eyes on them was a bit taxing. However, those twins were young and seemed to love the ability to go on the floor and shoot with the team, and other things of that nature. They could certainly choose to go away from ISU whether for basketball or in general, but I have a hard time believing not a single Hoiberg would make it back to ISU.

That may be wishful thinking, though haha

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

It would he tough for them.

D

Deleted member 8507

I believe they will be Freshman this coming fall. But don't quote me on that.
They are freshmen this year so they are class of 2021. They play in HInsdale Central. I wonder if they have met Zion Griffin (Hinsdale South)?

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
They are freshmen this year so they are class of 2021. They play in HInsdale Central. I wonder if they have met Zion Griffin (Hinsdale South)?

Yes, they are Freshman, I have Nieces that were in their class at Gilbert.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
When I was in grad school, I reffed games that Fred's younger brother was in. Good kid, but genes aren't everything.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
When I was in grad school, I reffed games that Fred's younger brother was in. Good kid, but genes aren't everything.
You're so right. I think it's pretty obvious the basketball skills are there at least in some capacity. Going for 32 and 20 points, you don't do that without being decent at the game. But like we saw with Jack, height and physical stature doesn't seem to have been handed down to the kids. Obviously the twins have a couple years to grow though so maybe they shoot up through high school.

• Creative
Reactions: jsb

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron