****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Prohm is betting that culture and development is going to win in the end. That experienced upperclassmen, even if they came into the program without the gaudiest of evaluations, are going to be able to compete with teams stocked with 5* athletes.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Prohm is betting that culture and development is going to win in the end. That experienced upperclassmen, even if they came into the program without the gaudiest of evaluations, are going to be able to compete with teams stocked with 5* athletes.

This staff is doing a great job of evaluating high school talent. Not only are our guys proving to be legit when they get here, the guys who have signed elsewhere seem to be doing really well too.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I could buy that. Except that it’s a crock, when Coach Prohm is cheerfully recruiting 5 star athletes.

That means what he’s actually gambling at is getting some of them for himself.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I could buy that. Except that it’s a crock, when Coach Prohm is cheerfully recruiting 5 star athletes.

That means what he’s actually gambling at is getting some of them for himself.

I don't know if he's gambling. Lindell and THT have shown Prohm can compete with the major programs and have them come to Ames. Prohm has said from the start that he use every avenue to recruit the most talent to ISU. It will be a mix of 5-3 stars, transfers and JuCo depending on the year.

For 2019 he chose to get developmental 4 year type players who won't be asked to start right away (Anderson and Jackson) with a ultimate wild card (Leech possible 5*) to supplement the best High School class to commit THT, TH, ZG and GC). 2020 CSP is sitting well with an number of 5-4 star players early that could surpass this years and impact immediately.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I don't know if he's gambling. Lindell and THT have shown Prohm can compete with the major programs and have them come to Ames. Prohm has said from the start that he use every avenue to recruit the most talent to ISU. It will be a mix of 5-3 stars, transfers and JuCo depending on the year.

For 2019 he chose to get developmental 4 year type players who won't be asked to start right away (Anderson and Jackson) with a ultimate wild card (Leech possible 5*) to supplement the best High School class to commit THT, TH, ZG and GC). 2020 CSP is sitting well with an number of 5-4 star players early that could surpass this years and impact immediately.
I get the feeling Jackson is going to make an impact when he gets to Ames. I won't be surprised if he comes in and is our top freshman. Just a feeling.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone101

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Not really true. If that was the case we would have sent Lard packing and never recruited Talley with his problems. Prohm does a great job recruiting but in no way should we try to play the "We only recruit good guys" act. We have shown that not to be the case. I am alright with it BTW. Give a kid a chance.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Plus Prohm has probably known all along what we’re just finding out about Haliburton. That gave him extra wiggle room in ‘19. Plus we have a sit out.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I get the feeling Jackson is going to make an impact when he gets to Ames. I won't be surprised if he comes in and is our top freshman. Just a feeling.

Could happen but the "plan" for PG next year isn't to rely on Tre on playing/impacting right away. Jackson will start behind both Nixon and Haliburton (possibly another transfer/JuCo after the spring) and will need to earn minutes.

Haliburton came in a impacted more than any of us thought early, part of that is Wigginton being out with injury. The plan was to have him play behind and learn from Wigginton and NWB then move into a bigger role next.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Has there been any chatter about how Nixon is doing from a practice standpoint? I can't recall seeing anything since his transfer was announced. I tend to forget about him given the new names and their success, but I remember him being CSU's leading scorer before we got him. I forgot about him being from IL.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I’m not convinced about Wiggs injury. I’m seriously waiting for the announcement of a surgery coming soon. I took a look at similar injuries (my research was based in soccer because it’s a common soccer injury) and 5/10 ended up opting for surgery after they didn’t heal right on boot/rest.

If that happens there is going to be a huge uninformed “why didn’t he just get surgery right away! Concerned!” Stuff coming from this site and stupid media members but that’s not how it works.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I’m not convinced about Wiggs injury. I’m seriously waiting for the announcement of a surgery coming soon. I took a look at similar injuries (my research was based in soccer because it’s a common soccer injury) and 5/10 ended up opting for surgery after they didn’t heal right on boot/rest.

If that happens there is going to be a huge uninformed “why didn’t he just get surgery right away! Concerned!” Stuff coming from this site and stupid media members but that’s not how it works.

I have had the same feeling as well. Keep waiting for them to say he has suffered a set back and will need surgery or it is a stress fracture and needs more time to heal etc.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I have had the same feeling as well. Keep waiting for them to say he has suffered a set back and will need surgery or it is a stress fracture and needs more time to heal etc.

It is what it is. They know what it is. But you can’t know about surgery until you go through the process. I think he can go and he’ll have to do treatment/pain management this year but it will be up to him how he wants to play it.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It is what it is. They know what it is. But you can’t know about surgery until you go through the process. I think he can go and he’ll have to do treatment/pain management this year but it will be up to him how he wants to play it.

Which in turn feeds into my prediction that he will be back next year. He is already falling off of draft boards. If he comes back even slightly limited it will affect his game and there are so many other options he isn't going to put up the same numbers he did last year or get the opportunity to showcase being a PG.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
giphy.gif