****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My goodness. This spring period seems more wild west than most.

I think it is more of a new normal.

Teams are more aggressive in hunting transfers than ever before.

Players sense there are buyers if they are thinking about making a change.

That is how a market gets hot.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
there's like 350 D-I bball programs, and >50 coaching changes every year.

i love it that kids have figured out a way to play the game too. bail on some crap school in the middle of nowhere and go to a final four. bail on a college no one has heard of and get a degree from michigan or notre dame. go play in ames in front of 14k fans every night who love you.

you get 4 years of eligibiity while coaches pay superstars under the table and make millions themselves.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Non power 5 schools now are basically a tryout for the power 5 schools. Some of the smart ones leave and go to a better basketball schools. THe other smart ones realize they are not going pro and stay and get a degree from a private school and the degree from that school is valuable. I love the transfer game. Sure mid major coaches hate it until they get to a big school.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Is it just me or has ISUs relationship with Indian hills deteriorated over the last few years? Maybe they’re just getting lesser quality players worth recruiting

I thought it was basically gone when the Hoiberg regime left town.

The last IHCC guy we had was probably Hogue, right?

Prohm has only brought on two JUCO players -- Jordan Ashton and Donovan Jackson.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
  • Informative
Reactions: Messi

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Transfer is the new juco and prep school is juco with bad grades. Less and less players going to juco to make a name for themselves. Most would rather go to a mid major, make a name for themselves and transfer up.