****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Does he have an announced decision date? Sounds like he wants to get this going.

No announced date though I'd expect it would be by the first week in May.

I think the visits being back-to-back-to-back was to allow his parents to accompany him on the visits and meet the coaches. I assume they'll all go through the pro's and cons and be with him when he announces prior to heading back to France.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Update.
Harris Jr. to the Pokes

@ebosshoopsFour-star shooting guard Chris Harris will play in the Big 12. Off to #GoPokes

Very logical choice. Play in front of no fans on a close to last place team or play for Tech, fantastic coach, who just competed in the National title game. Ummm I think I will play for Okie State.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
This escalated quickly. Wheeler will be in Ames tomorrow and plans on announcing May 6th.

@DMcDonaldRivals 4-star 2019 PG Sahvir Wheeler starts an official visit to Iowa State on Monday. Took an official visit to Georgia this weekend. Aiming for a decision on May 6th.

I would be disappointed if we don't land Wheeler, guy was recruited almost exclusively by guys with Murray State connections. The only one left who is still coaching at a P5, program (Assistant or Head coach) is one Steve Prohm.

A top 100 kid added this late in the process would be amazing.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
From the small amount of highlight tape I have seen on the prep prospects I would say:
Wheeler is a true PG, good handle and passer. Ability to shoot the 3 and finish at the basket. He is undersized which could take a bit of adjustment. Monte Morris type.
Nadolny is a combo guard who can score in waves. Tough defender with solid size for his age who compete 40 minutes. Naz or NWB type player.
Grill is a SG, who has a quick release and good athleticism and height to play some SF. Matt Thomas comp (with better hops).

While I believe Tyrese will enter the season at the PG role and will be good there, Prohm has always had a score first combo PG to run his system (Caanan, Payne, Monte, and Lindell/NWB). TH hasn't shown the scoring mentality yet (it's early) and he'll will want another option with Tre. The one thing this team could use is a true 3 pt threat, Nixon will do that but it is his last year, the hope is Lewis steps up but if not Grill would fit that role nicely.

In theory ISU could use all 3 of the prospects, but having Leech (SG/SF), Jackson (CG) lessen the need for a true guard. While I am sure Prohm would take all 3, I would guess he is prioritizing a score first PG (one of Nadolny/Wheeler) and Grill for a shooting threat.

All that said, we shouldn't get to excited and rank priorities yet, nor should we panic if ISU fails to get commitments. I'll guess we'll hear about more visits being set from transfers and even preps into May, this staff does a good job keeping their who they are in contact with under wraps from the media.

I so badly want Leech to come in balling.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron