****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Just curious, what have you seen pointing to him being friends with Moss? And it appears he did reclassify to 2017.

This, him being from Tennessee, him playing with Tyler Harris and the late Crystal Ball pick by Jerry Meyer is very intriguing. Curious if this could have been one of the options Prohm was referring too when interviewed recently.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Yeah, real new. I wasn't able to find a recruiting profile for him but lists him as a 6'5" Center?

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&gendersport=boys,basketball

Seems odd for a 2018 prospect not to have any basketball reference this late.

There a 26 sec video of him blocking a few shots. Maybe he's a real late bloomer.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6764808/george-conditt

Prohm just started following Conditt on twitter. Good insight into his recruitment here from an Illinois site

http://writingillini.com/2017/06/03...llini-one-step-closer-landing-george-conditt/

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
2018 class looks to be off to a promising start. Tyler Harris and Jordan Lathon sound like they will announce in the fall and ISU sounds to be in good position with both. They appear to be targets 1 and 2 at the guard spot.

I really like Harris and imagine his height at the college level will almost be an advantage (he looks like he could be really quick in the Ulis mold and disruptive off the dribble and on D) and keep some of the blue bloods from calling. He would be the prize of the class and is regarded pretty highly by 247.

Lathon would be a good off-guard who is being recruited by schools who play tough-nosed ball (NW and Butler) as well as Illinois which is in on some of the bigger fish every year. Seems like he could be a good all-around guard to develop over the years.

Then it's just a matter of finding a HS big. Race would be the best bet but the competition is stiff. Seems like this Conditt guy could be the fallback. Adding Rodgerick Brown to the 2017 class would really take the pressure off as we'd have him as a 4 with Young and Lard as 5's and really take the pressure off landing someone to contribute immediately as a freshman. I'm assuming there will be another scholarship available that they would hold until the spring of 2018 for transfer season.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I've always been curious how these visits work when the father is a coach at another school.
Are there certain parts of the visit only the recruit attends?
Maybe I'm over thinking it and there isn't much "proprietary" info on these visits.

I would think it has to be a little awkward on some level.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Starting to get more optimistic that Green isn't set on UNI. At least he appears open to coming to Ames. Still hard to see him spurning his Dad/UNI.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to come to an Iowa State to get into a conference that plays a top level schedule in a top level conference at a top level school. UNI might be the top dog in the MVC, but that carries no weight anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I wouldn't blame him for wanting to come to an Iowa State to get into a conference that plays a top level schedule in a top level conference at a top level school. UNI might be the top dog in the MVC, but that carries no weight anymore.

I could see AJ wanted to go up against the KU and UT's of the country on Nat'l TV and increase his chances of playing in the NCAA tourney. MVC is only a one bid league especially now with WSU leaving.

Also who know if his Dad will necessarily coaching there for the next 5 years. Coaching jobs are very fluid especially with Mid Major coaches. AJ may want to keep all options open incase.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It would be great to get a Top 150 kid from Iowa. We don't need in-state kids to be a successful program, but being able to get local talent just makes things easier.
I would actually argue opposite. With a state like Iowa that doesn't produce much top 100-150 talent, you have to be able to get those kids when they come up.

Being able to get good talent right in Iowa is much easier, cheaper than traveling to Texas.
Those kids that grow up wanting to play for ISU and just commit.

Edit: Meant to add that this is how ISU can sustain success long term. Obviously they've been successful the past 6 years without any Iowa kids.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would actually argue opposite. With a state like Iowa that doesn't produce much top 100-150 talent, you have to be able to get those kids when they come up.

Being able to get good talent right in Iowa is much easier, cheaper than traveling to Texas.
Those kids that grow up wanting to play for ISU and just commit.

Edit: Meant to add that this is how ISU can sustain success long term. Obviously they've been successful the past 6 years without any Iowa kids.

I disagree. If we can get an Iowa kid that is talented. Great. If not then we can find other kids outside the state. We are already now committed to spending a lot on out of state recruiting. Look at Iowa. They have got all the good instate recruits the last 30 years and have not had any real sustained program. So If we have every scholarship player and not one of them is from Iowa. No big deal to me.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
So what school is going to hire AJ's dad next offseason?
Half joking half serious but why don't we hire his dad? Seems to be all the rage these days and looking at his bio on the UNI website, id imagine he has a lot of Wisconsin connections.

Help Support Us

Become a patron