****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Man, seems like just yesterday Monte Morris was playing here... now there are kids named after his greatness going to college already...

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
There seems to be some confusion on the different recruiting sites as to whether he's a 2017 or 2018 kid.

Rivals and Max Preps has him as a 2017 kid and Scout and Verbal Commits have him as 2018. I'm not seeing anything that says 100% either way.

Here's some good video of him. I can see why we've offered. I would expect offers to keep coming in for him.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/798645?referrer_id=
To me it looks like this kid's game is similar to what I would hope Lard will be able to do. Strong defensive play with some pretty clinical post up scoring moves, nothing really in the shooting area, hard nosed solid piece on a great team, not a star player or a guy who will gripe if the offense doesn't flow through him.

I def do NOT dislike this kids game - but with Young, Lard, and Jacobson.. it does feel kind of redundant. I've seen Prohm quoted as saying he wants to get some more skill up front - as though he felt like we were good on banger and rebounder only type front court guys. Not that I would complain about a slight surplus in an area we have always lacked in.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
I am guessing it will be ISU, Wichita State, Illinois, Northwestern and Missouri even though they haven't offered.

Yeah, I think Mizzou will be a major player in his recruitment if they do offer and want him. I'm also surprised this kid isn't rated higher from what I've seen and read on him. Explosive athlete, size, mid-range shooter, excellent intangibles. Only knock seems to be he needs to improve his outside shot. I'd expect him to be near Top 100/125 by next spring.

Reactions: isutrevman

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Saw on Verbal Commits he left CSU without ever playing and transferred to Indian Hills Community College.

Might be someone to keep an eye on.
6-0 180lb guard. 6.8ppg 2.3 rpg 1.4 apg in 18 min per game.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Saw on Verbal Commits he left CSU without ever playing and transferred to Indian Hills Community College.

Might be someone to keep an eye on.
6-0 180lb guard. 6.8ppg 2.3 rpg 1.4 apg in 18 min per game.
There was talk he could be trouble before he got to the U of M. He certainly lived up to it. Unless there's a major change in his personality, I'd say no.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
There was talk he could be trouble before he got to the U of M. He certainly lived up to it. Unless there's a major change in his personality, I'd say no.

Yeah after I posted that I did googling and realized he was one of the players involved in that sex scandal at Minnesota and it sounds like his transfer from U of M and CSU were more or less decided for him.

Doesn't sound like the kind of kid Prohm wants in program.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Lathon gave a few quotes on each of his Top 5 schools.

Butler: “The Butler way is special,” said Lathon. “Coach Holtman and his staff have made me a priority since day one. Butler is a winning program that continues to be on the rise.”

Illinois: “Illinois folks love basketball,” said Lathon. “My relationship with coach Walker is very good, he knows my AAU coach well and we clicked from the jump. Coach Underwood wants to get me up to campus soon. We are trying to schedule a date soon.”

Wake Forest: “Having the opportunity to play in the ACC is second to none,” said Lathon. “Coach Manning and Woodberry believe in my ability and see me impacting the program instantly.”

Iowa State: “Coach Prohm and I talk daily about everything,” said Lathon. “He sees me fitting perfectly in Ames. One thing about him is he has confidence in his guys. Their style of play is really appealing.”

Northwestern: “The opportunity that Northwestern has to offer is very intriguing,” said Lathon. “Coach Collins wants me to come in and be the lead point guard from day one. They love my leadership.”

http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/799524?referrer_id=1272156

Reactions: Cynonymous

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I think he just reclassified to the 2017 class, which would be exciting.

It also seems like he's a close friend of TJ Moss. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Just curious, what have you seen pointing to him being friends with Moss? And it appears he did reclassify to 2017.

• Informative
Reactions: Messi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron