****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Agree. If there was no connection to UNI, he wouldn't even think twice about them.

Something that I've found a least a little strange is that Iowa doesn't even appear to be recruiting him.

They don't have enough scholarships to bring in more than 1 player right now for 2018. Next year they are at 13 scholarship players (not including Connor McCaffery) and only graduate 1 senior.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
They don't have enough scholarships to bring in more than 1 player right now for 2018. Next year they are at 13 scholarship players (not including Connor McCaffery) and only graduate 1 senior.

There are dudes that can be pushed out. I'm thinking that YeahBuddy is correct. He just doesn't have any interest in Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Looks like DM North F Jal Bijiek has reclassified to 2018 & has already received an offer from Texas Tech. IIRC he's visited unofficially a few times before. Will be interesting to follow.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Messi

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Looks like DM North F Jal Bijiek has reclassified to 2018 & has already received an offer from Texas Tech. IIRC he's visited unofficially a few times before. Will be interesting to follow.

Jal needs to be in an up and down system. He is a lot like rashon Clark. Clark was awesome for Wayne because of his athletic ability. Then struggled for Mcdermott. I don't think Jal is a high level kid but we shall see.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
There are dudes that can be pushed out. I'm thinking that YeahBuddy is correct. He just doesn't have any interest in Iowa.

Its both. Fran has said Iowa is full in 2018 and he is focusing pretty much all of his attention on the 2019 class.

Granted, I am sure he is keeping some feelers out on a few 2018 kids in case someone leaves but I dont think they are actively recruiting anyone in that class at the moment.

And not to derail the thread, but you cant push a kid out in the B1G. Schollies are guaranteed for 4 yers.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Its both. Fran has said Iowa is full in 2018 and he is focusing pretty much all of his attention on the 2019 class.

Granted, I am sure he is keeping some feelers out on a few 2018 kids in case someone leaves but I dont think they are actively recruiting anyone in that class at the moment.

And not to derail the thread, but you cant push a kid out in the B1G. Schollies are guaranteed for 4 yers.

Getting rid of the 13 man rotation would be a hell of a start...

• Agree
Reactions: YeahBuddy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

So does every "Power 5" conference

new NCAA Division I rule that becomes effective this Fall and which has the effect of “protecting” Division I student-athletes from having their athletic scholarship cancelled or not renewed for any athletics reason.

Here are several facts about this rule:

– This new rule was voted in by the universities of the “Power 5” conferences – the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC-12, and SEC, as well as Notre Dame. This rule must be followed by these 65 universities.
– It will still be possible for universities to cancel, or choose to not renew, a scholarship for the following reasons not related to athletic performance, ability, or contribution to team success. Cancellation or non-renewal will be possible if an athlete:

• Is ruled to be ineligible for competition;
    • Provides fraudulent information on an application, letter of intent, or financial aid agreement;
    • Engages in serious misconduct that rises to the level of being disciplined by the university’s regular student disciplinary board;
    • Voluntarily quits their team; or
    • Violates a university policy or rule which is not related to athletic conditions or ability (such as a university policy on class attendance, or an athletic department policy regarding proper conduct on a team trip).

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Come on now. You know just as well as I do that kids are asked to leave across the board all the time. It's just released to look mutual.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
AJ Green performing well at the top 100 camp and getting some praise. Seems like his ranking is likely to go up.

Just an FYI but Green is scheduled to play in the PTL this summer in North Liberty and Waterloo.

Cant imagine he will make a majority of the games due to his AAU schedule but it would be a chance for anybody in Eastern IA to check him out this summer.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Just an FYI but Green is scheduled to play in the PTL this summer in North Liberty and Waterloo.

Cant imagine he will make a majority of the games due to his AAU schedule but it would be a chance for anybody in Eastern IA to check him out this summer.
I'd go but you have to breathe through your mouth to be allowed in to watch.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Not that I am aware of, you dont.

panting.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron