****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Saw KU just picked up a commit from a recently offered KC area kid. Apparently late riser and was starting to get a lot of attention. Article mentions ISU was showing interest. Recently offered by KU, Oregon, Texas A&M, and Wisconsin with Ok State and WVU also expressing interest. What is interesting is that they are still in the running for Langford which I think means 2 of these 3 will be gone after this year: Cunliffe, Vick and Newman.
You're not even going to say his name? C'mon man!

https://247sports.com/Player/Ochai-Agbaji-46042163

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: kistek and nallen34

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
No ISU connection but is the number 2 juco in the country

6-2 shooting guard. 19ppg and a 45% 3 pt shooter.

Someone i am sure staff would love to check out if a scholarship opens this spring

I think he was at one time signed with Texas Tech. He can really score.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@ebosshoops #Baylor head coach Scott Drew is in to see unsigned 4-star senior point guard Tyler Harris today per @DreamBigHurd. High scoring floor general @baylorrivals

Drew is circling...
I did notice that Zion, THT and Conditt have each retweeted Harris getting his Jersey retired at Cordova this past week.
(For those who like to connect dots.)

Reactions: Cyclonepride

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Drew has done well with diminutive guards. I still think Hoiberg missed not going after Lester Medford. There’s also been Chery and Jackson.

Last edited:

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
@ebosshoops #Baylor head coach Scott Drew is in to see unsigned 4-star senior point guard Tyler Harris today per @DreamBigHurd. High scoring floor general @baylorrivals

Drew is circling...
I did notice that Zion, THT and Conditt have each retweeted Harris getting his Jersey retired at Cordova this past week.
Off topic but Harris is getting his jersey retired during his senior season? Is this common? I can’t remember ever seeing something like that.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Off topic but Harris is getting his jersey retired during his senior season? Is this common? I can’t remember ever seeing something like that.

Not sure how common it is but here is the HS tweet to verify TH Jersey is going to the HS rafters.
Nice honor.

Cordova Athletics‏
@CHS_Wolfpack Coach Scales announced that Tyler Harris' #1 jersey will be retired after this season! Congratulation to Tyler.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Drew is circling...

I like that, we (they) need him.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bossi is noticing the BU smoke for his latest unsigned senior predictions.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-predicting-top-remaining-prospects-in-2018
Tyler Harris
Contenders: Baylor, Colorado State, Iowa State, Memphis, Tennessee and others.

Buzz: A high-scoring point guard who plays with tremendous heart, Harris still has a pair of official visits in his back pocket after seeing CSU, ISU and Memphis. Tennessee picked up some buzz during January, but lately Scott Drew and Baylor have been making a strong push.

Prediction: A visit hasn't been set just yet, but I'm starting to like Baylor's chances here. There are lots of minutes for a point guard.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
No ISU connection but is the number 2 juco in the country...
Someone i am sure staff would love to check out if a scholarship opens this spring

If we don't land Harris, how interested is the staff in going after a top JC shooting guard? How many are out there at this point?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
No ISU connection but is the number 2 juco in the country

Intriguing numbers if he could/can play pg.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-predicting-top-remaining-prospects-in-2018
Tyler Harris

Buzz: A high-scoring point guard who plays with tremendous heart, Harris still has a pair of official visits in his back pocket after seeing CSU, ISU and Memphis. Tennessee picked up some buzz during January, but lately Scott Drew and Baylor have been making a strong push.

Prediction: A visit hasn't been set just yet, but I'm starting to like Baylor's chances here. There are lots of minutes for a point guard.
It would be so ISU of us to be favorites forever only to have him not come here and haunt us for four years at freaking Baylor.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Tyler Harris

Maybe related? Who knows, but it goes to show you that it's hard to tell smoke from pure BS.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman