*** Official Boise St. Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A great opportunity game. Similar to the Missouri game, but with Lard and Brase. BSU has good size, can really shoot, and have one of the biggest mismatch guys in CBB. That’s what we’ve used to get to 6 straight tournaments.

Rice is a very good coach. I’m surprised he’s still at Boise.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Win or lose, I am excited about this team. We have some serious juice in the backcourt and Lard is a stud.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
I know there must be a lot of pressure for you to play very well, and I can imagine that the night before a game, you must lie awake thinking, "I'm not good enough.. everybody's better than me.. I'm not going to score any points.. I have no business playing this game.."

Believe me, I know what it's like.. laying there alone.. all those tapes rolling: "I'm a fraud.. tomorrow, I'm going to be exposed for what I am, a big imposter.. I just want to curl up and lay in bed all day and eat Fig Newtons."

"I don't have to dribble the ball fast, or throw the ball into the basket.."

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I’m really interested to see how Lard and Brase play vs a couple real quality bigs who can stretch the D...

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'll be interested to see if BSU applies more ball pressure than our past two opponents. Babb has been very comfortable running the offense. Too comfortable.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
It's fun to see this team evolve. I'm curious to see how CSP uses Hans and Long going forward. I hope their play, along with Lard, allows the staff to not have to rely on Beverly.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'll be interested to see if BSU applies more ball pressure than our past two opponents. Babb has been very comfortable running the offense. Too comfortable.
Agree. I would think they’ll put the best on-ball defender on him even if it’s a smaller guard. That should also result in a bigger defender on DJ which may bother his shooting and give him trouble in finishing. Does NWB have a post-up game like Kane? In the future we’ll be able to counter the defense applying such pressure on NWB with Wigginton being defended by a wing as a mismatch, but I’m not sure Wigginton is ready yet.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Does NWB have a post-up game like Kane? [/QUOTE said:
IMO Babb isn’t beefy enough to be a huge mismatch on the block.

That said I’d put him in a variety of spots and let him drive/pass to create opportunities for others.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
IMO Babb isn’t beefy enough to be a huge mismatch on the block.

That said I’d put him in a variety of spots and let him drive/pass to create opportunities for others.
Kane as a senior was listed at 6’4” 200 (195 at Marshall) and NWB as a junior is listed at 6’5” 200.

Last edited:

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Kane as a senior was listed at 6’4” 200 (195 at Marshall) and NWB as a junior is listed at 6’5” 200.

I would have guessed he was aleast 220. He just looks bigger than Babb.

I don’t see NWB as a post up guard but like I said ... I’d put him in a a variety of spots and see if he can facilitate and set up others.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I would have guessed he was aleast 220. He just looks bigger than Babb.

I don’t see NWB as a post up guard but like I said ... I’d put him in a a variety of spots and see if he can facilitate and set up others.
In the context of NWB being defended by a smaller guard he could be. At 6’5 200 the difference between he and Kane wouldn’t be physical characteristics but whether he has the moves. Imo NWB has endless potential, including taking advantage of his size against smaller guards.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The game before ours on ESPN2 is Texas Tech vs. #20 Northwestern. TTU is up 16 on NW at the half (a 3/4 court buzzer beater made it 16 - would've been 19). If they hang on, they could be in the Top 25. Tech looks tough.

As of now, it looks like the game isn't running late.