*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I think the fact is this team has been very overachieving this season. While the ceiling offensively is higher than last 2 seasons I think the floor is just as low. Going to be tough to win multiple games in a tournament setting if we run into a teams hitting 3s which is still the way this game is won. Still think we can beat anyone in a one game setting if we bring out A game though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the fact is this team has been very overachieving this season. While the ceiling offensively is higher than last 2 seasons I think the floor is just as low. Going to be tough to win multiple games in a tournament setting if we run into a teams hitting 3s which is still the way this game is won. Still think we can beat anyone in a one game setting if we bring out A game though.

Size down low to make rebounding a mess is a way to beat this ISU team.

Agree on the overachieving bit although that term gets thrown around a lot.

They've achieved and earned what they've done.

It's an example of outplaying more talented or at least more athletic teams.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
It's not losing that's the issue.

It's the total lack of game plan offensively, the jumping in the air with nowhere to go, the turnover machine, poor spacing, lack of offensive identity, poorly handled fast breaks, no movement, ball sticking.

It's not good guys. We just don't have any real scheme offensively or much skill. 60 points beats us right now.

Have to hope ncaa tourney teams can't handle pressure and we can guy out sone 55 to 52 type games.
Otz will be looking for your report on his desk tomorrow morning. Might want to proofread that last sentence.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Still missing shooting. We get a ton of 3 point looks passed up for driving into no-mans land.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
We turned the ball over too damn much and rebounded poorly. When you have so many possessions end in no shot attempts and then give up 11 offensive rebounds on the other end, that’s a recipe for us to lose a majority of the time. Honestly we are lucky it wasn’t a bigger loss.

It was a pretty bad game all around from us and we still had a shot in the final 5 minutes of the game. This team is really damn good. They’re gritty. I think a few days off will do them well. Rest up, recharge, and get ready for the post season.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Otz will be looking for your report on his desk tomorrow morning. Might want to proofread that last sentence.
I'll just refrain from commenting on a sports sight then chief.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
I thought this game was called relatively well. Never thought this would be a ref blame game. This is why I stay out of gameday threads. Our fans used to be called knowledgeable. Blaming refs shows the opposite.
There are times, definitely on the road that the refs are somewhat one sided. This was one of those times. It only takes a couple of calls to turn a game. A third foul early in the second half. Someone being hacked driving the lanes knocking the ball loose for a layup. We could have played better no doubt. We need an offense and shooters but don't ever doubt the calls a ref decides to make or not make really affect a game.

• Winner
Reactions: CYDJ and CyNews

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Guys seemed off and did not have energy after up 11-2. Just fell apart and looked gassed. We need others to score and make FT’s - not shoot bricks and miss FT’s.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
You keep hammering this in multiple threads. Did Nate Schmidt draw up all the turnovers today? What about the missed open shots? How about the offensive rebounds we gave up on nearly every K State miss?
If you can’t see that there is virtually no ball movement in our offense & we keep on running ISO or pick & rolls.
There is no design or purpose to our offense for the past 3 years. We had some identity this year until teams decided to take away the middle from us. Now we’re rudderless, I off ball movement. If we do pass it around people just stand still.
It’s been random hero ball for the 2nd half of the season, so yes, I’ll blame our offense on him.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
If you can’t see that there is virtually no ball movement in our offense & we keep on running ISO or pick & rolls.
There is no design or purpose to our offense for the past 3 years. We had some identity this year until teams decided to take away the middle from us. Now we’re rudderless, I off ball movement. If we do pass it around people just stand still.
It’s been random hero ball for the 2nd half of the season, so yes, I’ll blame our offense on him.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I hope Milan learns a bit of bully ball in the offseason. His fade is sweet, but no need for it with the size mismatches he’s getting. A lot of potential and 1s there.
Yeah his fade is sweet but sometimes he needs to take advantage and go to the rim

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So they had identity, and then quit doing that?

I'm watching UConn right now. I don't think they run what ISU runs, but it looks pretty similar. High post screens, couple of away screens, pick and pop type of action.

But the ball goes in much better.

Wonder what the difference is.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron