*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It's not losing that's the issue.

It's the total lack of game plan offensively, the jumping in the air with nowhere to go, the turnover machine, poor spacing, lack of offensive identity, poorly handled fast breaks, no movement, ball sticking.

It's not good guys. We just don't have any real scheme offensively or much skill. 60 points beats us right now.

Have to hope ncaa tourney teams can't handle pressure and we can guy out sone 55 to 52 type games.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I want to go compete in the Big 12 tourney, but for the first time doesn't matter as much ..I need to emotionally be ok when we lose and know the Big Dance is where we need the best ball now

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
Really running out of time to get this offense going. Wasn't concerned too much about a win today as long as we could sniff 75pts.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Some of you people need to reevaluate your lives
This. I used to let ISU games ruin my weekend, now it's meh and move on. Not a single person on this board can control what happens in these games. It's sports, celebrate the hell out of the good times, go take a walk or work on something around the house during the bad times..it'll be alright.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Can we please stop blaming the refs for every loss.

My god that's a pathetic pattern here.
Can we please stop excusing the refs for every loss? They sucked today AND we played terribly. If there was a day to say that we did not deserve to win, it is today.

However, that does not excuse inconsistent officiating. So, get off your soap box of officials don't affect games because they do. Just like the other two teams on the floor. It is inevitable and a fact.

But, we understand the guys played poorly today and just didn't play well enough to win all on their own.

Last edited:

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
What a disappointing showing against a mid team this time of year.

Are we allowed to be concerned about the offense now or will it still be chalked up to "we're just playing good defensive teams"?
Curious about this question as well!

Every time I’ve expressed concern about the offense, I’m quickly reminded by experts here that I have no basis for actually being concerned and I should just be happy that we’ve won more games than projected in the preseason.

Reactions: 67CY

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
They just can’t play bad for 30 minutes and expect to pull it out like they have in the the last 4 games.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Can we please stop excusing the refs for every loss? The sucked today AND we played terribly. If there was a day to say that we did not deserve to win, it is today.

However, that does not excuse inconsistent officiating. So, get off your soap box of officials don't affect games because they do. Just like the other two teams on the floor. It is inevitable and a fact.

But, we understand the guys played poorly today and just didn't play well enough to win all on their own.
Agree. Often, many things are true at the same time.

• Winner
Reactions: CYDJ and BigCyFan