*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Well, I'd say for 5 on 8 we aren't doing too bad. But, we have to get the Officials to get level or it will be impossible.

NOONE can tell me this is just us being cold. The officials have tipped this Houston's way for the first half.

It's like 75/25. ISU is absolutely **** shooting the ball right now, but getting manhandled with no calls sure as hell makes it a lot harder.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
This one's done, but if ISU wants to make a run, I feel like it needs to be with dribble drives. Houston is playing SO far up on the 3 point line, there are driving lanes available, and if you're gonna get fouled every time and it isn't called, or they come up with a shot block, so be it... but they aren't gonna give ANY space for jump shooting, so you just gotta run at them and hope.
Pretty tough to dribble drive when the opponent has their hand up your ass.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Going to keep reminding myself we beat this team at home and very few things like playing this team at Houston. This is a different team that’s not going to
Meltdown post season offensively in a big spot like we have seen in previous years. Right?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not to sound like a **** here but not sure what you all expected. If you’ve watched Houston at home this is just what they do to EVERYONE. Much how we are at home in Hilton.

I am actually fairly encouraged at the moment because we aren’t getting boat raced despite being clearly out hustled and outplayed. Just have to get a few shots to fall. We have a run coming at some point here.

I'm not sure if it's this as much as it is being outclassed athletically.

They key will be for ISU to keep their heads straight and get to Saturday and be ready to go.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Pretty tough to dribble drive when the opponent has their hand up your ass.

That's what I'm saying, you have to use their aggressiveness against them, but in reality if the refs aren't gonna call anything, you're just sort of ****** no matter what. But I think it's your best shot just to take it hard into them.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Let's remember this is their house and they ARE maybe ranked #2 for a reason?

Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron