*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I'm just trying to make sense of your actions. I can't imagine a fan going on a rival's message board and rip on his own team's players. As a father of a former D1 athlete I'm aware that the players and their families see these public posts. If it's not something you would say directly to them or their families, you probably shouldn't post it. And the armchair coaches who post have no idea of what is going on behind the scenes.

I take it you haven't actually read any of the posts. Instead you took the words of posters, roughly 10 of which count for 95% of negative comments or feedback on my posts.

I dont go on other boards to "rip" our own players. With that said I will make posts some on here consider "negative" if I perceive them to be true. I'm not sure how stating "our bigs are weak defensive rebounders" when individual stats, advanced metrics, and film state as much. Go over to the Houston board or the KU board and look if you care that much.

I basically signed up on the Houston board to get recs and confirm the parking situation. The gist of my basketball related posts were that "we are typically a weak defensive rebounding team" and that I didn't think it was likely we could win unless that changed. Guess what? We rebounded amazingly but unfortunately counteracted that some with some unfored TOs. Overall we played well and forced Houston to play hard, for 40 minutes, at home where they have routinely best teams up. It was one of our better games of the year, all things considered.

Again I find it ironic posters like Madguy will hone on a "negative take", ***** and moan incessantly, and completely ignore posts like the above. Whatever. I know who those 10 people are and they do to.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I take it you haven't actually read any of the posts. Instead you took the words of posters, roughly 10 of which count for 95% of negative comments or feedback on my posts.

I dont go on other boards to "rip" our own players. With that said I will make posts some on here consider "negative" if I perceive them to be true. I'm not sure how stating "our bigs are weak defensive rebounders" when individual stats, advanced metrics, and film state as much. Go over to the Houston board or the KU board and look if you care that much.

I basically signed up on the Houston board to get recs and confirm the parking situation. The gist of my basketball related posts were that "we are typically a weak defensive rebounding team" and that I didn't think it was likely we could win unless that changed. Guess what? We rebounded amazingly but unfortunately counteracted that some with some unfored TOs. Overall we played well and forced Houston to play hard, for 40 minutes, at home where they have routinely best teams up. It was one of our better games of the year, all things considered.

Again I find it ironic posters like Madguy will hone on a "negative take", ***** and moan incessantly, and completely ignore posts like the above. Whatever. I know who those 10 people are and they do to.
I've read your posts on here. And I read your post on a rival's board calling out three of our players by name, saying they "suck" at grabbing the ball. That's not something you should post on your own team's forum, but I get there are fans that do. But to go on another team's message board and post things like that is particularly classless.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

Let me ask you this. If you were to meet a parent of BRE or Tre King, would say, "I'm a big ISU fan. Your son sucks at grabbing the ball." If you wouldn't say it to their faces, you probably shouldn't post it.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

Crapping on ISU players on this message board is one thing...and we've all seen your work. But doing it on another team's message board, just to get people to agree with you, doesn't make you smart. It makes you a douchebag.

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Let me ask you this. If you were to meet a parent of BRE or Tre King, would say, "I'm a big ISU fan. Your son sucks at grabbing the ball." If you wouldn't say it to their faces, you probably shouldn't post it.

Why their parents? Should be able to say it to them directly if it's no problem.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Most of us have read your posts.

They deserve the negative response.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Every time ZRF refers to the apparent list of ten who don't like him this is all I can think of...
bi3Ha4.gif

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

LOL you've been pissed all season since BRE showed you up. Always got to have someone to b*tch about.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
LOL you've been pissed all season since BRE showed you up. Always got to have someone to b*tch about.

Hardly upset. People act like I was never rooting for the guy when I always was.

His transformation has been astounding and if he's not MIP in the conference he is flat out getting hosed. I have a feeling McCullar will get it (because he plays for Kansas, scores more points, and plays more minutes), but he shouldn't.

Reactions: NWICY

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Anything to say about CuJo @BurgundyClone ?
I love him! lol I think (in hindsight) he was a bundle of nerves those 1st X games and wasn't shooting with his normal form. Each shot looked different than the next, especially the game I lost faith, I really thought he had no hope that it would ever turn into a consistent shot when each shot was different form than the previous. He was flailing his right thumb and elbow crazily out to the right, and then he'd short arm one, then flail one, etc.. It was very ugly and scary.

BUT, the past couple of months I think he's settled down very well and is shooting with better poise and consistent mechanics, and always is providing defensive intensity. I was frustrated at all the minutes he got early at some others' expense while he was slumping, but it has paid off and is why TJ is the boss!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron