*** Official #25 Texas Tech vs #11 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I feel the opposite. Really liked his fire. Would have been great in a cyclone uniform. I don't mind too much because it was him or Grill and I like Grill.
Wasn't Nodolny to ISU almost a done deal until Beard came in and took him from us in the 11th hour?

I'm not sure how I feel about him. Obviously he strikes me as annoying as a Tech player, but I am also not sure how good he is. Only averaged a little over 2 ppg prior to Wednesdays game and this is his 3rd season. Doesn't seem like he would've been much of a difference maker on either of our past 2 teams before this year. I am a little surprised he has stuck it out this long at TTU.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Okay, here we go. Have to be careful. Used to have season tickets at Pan Am in Texas. It was a fun program to follow and was known for sending Luke Jackson to the NBA and Abe Lemons coached there at one time. Adams took over a sagging program and turned things around. However, towards the end of his tenure, there was a situation with one of his assistants and a test that was submitted. Turns out the player's name was misspelled on the test so questions swirled around that. So Adams was in hot water and actually secretly taped a conversation with the athletic director at the time, who was a good guy. This came out in the media. There were also some unpleasant interactions with the SID and the publicity surrounding all this. The SID was a very good person who did not deserve to be leaned on. Long, long story short, Adams moved on and found his way to Lubbock (he is a Texas Tech grad) and actually ran a minor league hockey franchise there for a time and even got into hot water with the rules there. Later, he moved on to Howard JC in Texas and did his usual good on-floor coaching job there (NBAer Jae Crowder was a player). I watched them win the juco title in Hutchinson, Kansas. Then, Adams scored an assistant's job at Tech and moved to the head man's seat after Coach Beard's departure to Texas. I have always been very disturbed about his interactions with people that I respected and, when he comes into Hilton, I do not want to see him have success. I have pitched this to some journalists in Texas and have not gotten anywhere. I have voluminous files and have somehow misplaced some of this information. You have to be extremely careful, certainly with stories about millionaires.
Thanks for the info that is certainly interesting. Curious, was the first situation at Pan Am with regards to his student athletes cheating in the classroom? And he just got defensive/finger-pointy when put in hot water because of it?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Thanks for the info that is certainly interesting. Curious, was the first situation at Pan Am with regards to his student athletes cheating in the classroom? And he just got defensive/finger-pointy when put in hot water because of it?

Sorry to be a bit unclear. It was not certain who took the actual test. He got defensive about a couple situations and am sure he was trying to hold onto his job. I know I'm still unclear but I would have to jog the memory banks big-time and back it up.

Reactions: srjclone

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Slovakia is NOT Slovenia dude.

I have a Slovene employee works remote from the side of a mountain on the Italian border. Great guy.
My grandmother came from Slovania but it was part of Austria then. Based on her and another woman I am aware of they have good looking women.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Wasn't Nodolny to ISU almost a done deal until Beard came in and took him from us in the 11th hour?

I'm not sure how I feel about him. Obviously he strikes me as annoying as a Tech player, but I am also not sure how good he is. Only averaged a little over 2 ppg prior to Wednesdays game and this is his 3rd season. Doesn't seem like he would've been much of a difference maker on either of our past 2 teams before this year. I am a little surprised he has stuck it out this long at TTU.

Yes Nadolny was thought to be a lock for ISU/Prohm up to late in the spring when Beard/TT stepped in. His mentality definitely fit better in TT system than Prohm's system. As for his play he was 3 star so not expected to be a real difference maker for either program but good depth and solid starter as a senior type. Pretty much how it is playing out.

I believe Grill ended up getting the scholly earmarked for Clarence at the end (over Beard/TT ironically).

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yes Nadolny was thought to be a lock for ISU/Prohm up to late in the spring when Beard/TT stepped in. His mentality definitely fit better in TT system than Prohm's system. As for his play he was 3 star so not expected to be a real difference maker for either program but good depth and solid starter as a senior type. Pretty much how it is playing out.

I believe Grill ended up getting the scholly earmarked for Clarence at the end (over Beard/TT ironically).
Good info. It will be interesting to see which one ends with a better career between the two. Grill seems to at least have a half leg up so far.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Okay, here we go. Have to be careful. Used to have season tickets at Pan Am in Texas. It was a fun program to follow and was known for sending Luke Jackson to the NBA and Abe Lemons coached there at one time. Adams took over a sagging program and turned things around. However, towards the end of his tenure, there was a situation with one of his assistants and a test that was submitted. Turns out the player's name was misspelled on the test so questions swirled around that. So Adams was in hot water and actually secretly taped a conversation with the athletic director at the time, who was a good guy. This came out in the media. There were also some unpleasant interactions with the SID and the publicity surrounding all this. The SID was a very good person who did not deserve to be leaned on. Long, long story short, Adams moved on and found his way to Lubbock (he is a Texas Tech grad) and actually ran a minor league hockey franchise there for a time and even got into hot water with the rules there. Later, he moved on to Howard JC in Texas and did his usual good on-floor coaching job there (NBAer Jae Crowder was a player). I watched them win the juco title in Hutchinson, Kansas. Then, Adams scored an assistant's job at Tech and moved to the head man's seat after Coach Beard's departure to Texas. I have always been very disturbed about his interactions with people that I respected and, when he comes into Hilton, I do not want to see him have success. I have pitched this to some journalists in Texas and have not gotten anywhere. I have voluminous files and have somehow misplaced some of this information. You have to be extremely careful, certainly with stories about millionaires.
People wondered if he was HM HC material, and not because of acumen. TT is perfect place for him and not just because he’s an alum , but it helps

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021

It involved one student and an assistant coach. Adams is great coaching on the floor but off of it is not great to deal with, in my opinion. Everything is under his watch and he was feeling the heat.

Help Support Us

Become a patron