*** Official #25 Texas Tech vs #11 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You don’t need to say a lot just one word could do the trick if it’s directed at someone. Which is why I was confused because it seemed like he never said anything at one of our players.

They were completely dominating us for that stretch until that tech and IB’s 4 point play.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
That was either the worst technical call in the world or Nadolny said something that the ref deemed technical worthy. Although option 2 happens a lot I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if the ref just made a bad call.
I think we're underestimating how easy it is to let a b*tch fly. Not saying that's what he said, but could've been that minor, which while minor could easily get whistled.

I was actually surprised IZB's first big dunk against Baylor didn't get T'd up.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought there was a hook or clear out on the way to the basket on the play that got a 'T' but had the game on silent so wasn't sure what was going on.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
I thought there was a hook or clear out on the way to the basket on the play that got a 'T' but had the game on silent so wasn't sure what was going on.
I noticed the same thing when they showed the replay. Looked just like something Caitlin Clark would do.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I think we're underestimating how easy it is to let a b*tch fly. Not saying that's what he said, but could've been that minor, which while minor could easily get whistled.

I was actually surprised IZB's first big dunk against Baylor didn't get T'd up.
Agreed. IB has gotten away with much worse than what I saw from that Tech player last night.

to be clear, I don’t think what IB has done is really bad. But i anticipate him getting called for at least one at some point this year

Reactions: davegilbertson

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Agreed. IB has gotten away with much worse than what I saw from that Tech player last night.

to be clear, I don’t think what IB has done is really bad. But i anticipate him getting called for at least one at some point this year
I’m pretty sure Nadolny made a layup that hung on the rim forever and gave a loud “Get in *****!” or something like that.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Doesn't keep him from any offensive rebounds and put backs. At least one.

It’s just harder to do that when you are distributing the ball at the top of the key (or attempting to).

This isn’t a knock on Conditt - it was frustrating watching us stick with that offense yesterday when TT clearly had it well scouted and shut down. The first time I’ve seen TJ make a coaching mistake. But overall it Sure is great to have him, and still get a nice win on a bad game!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not a good job with the game plan or adjustments last night, but the front-runner for national coach of the year deserves a pass now and then. I thought the offensive game plan and execution (other than shot-making) was outstanding against Baylor. Not so much last night.

While last night is a little unsettling, it's also kind of the best tool for a coach. Get a win but make tons of mistakes and quite frankly get lucky to escape with the W. The free throw defense was on point last night.

I'm pretty optimistic we will be able to just chalk this up as a weird game. Come out and get a W at OU and all is forgotten.

I'm guessing this coaching staff will use this game to learn as much about themselves and what to do as they will learn what the players did/didn't do.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Yeah, I don't know why anyone is insecure about some red flags being raised about our offense.

We know its limited. The Baylor game shows we know how to play when it's limited in talent and shot making (getting to the paint, FTs), but TT basically fouled us so badly we could not even run offense.

We have a freshman pg and a bunch of average ball handlers, and a center that is not a threat.

We also made no adjustments. TT is mugging and restricting movement, and our response was to run stuff through Conditt with a small freshman pg that can't shoot, a sg that can't shoot or do anything on offense. That is BAD combo.

Get Enaruna and Kunc in there. I don't think it matters more than 4-6 points, because TT still would not have allowed guys to move, but 4-6 more points is big in this game
I was yelling at the TV for Kunc to be more aggressive on offense. He seemed to not want to drive or take a shot unless it was absolutely necessary.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I'm guessing this coaching staff will use this game to learn as much about themselves and what to do as they will learn what the players did/didn't do.
This game looked an awful lot like 47-37 win over Jackson state. Felt like TTU watched and learned from that tape more than ISU watched and learned from it. Hopefully you are right

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclad