*** Official #25 IOWA STATE vs #17 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Overall, the officiating was average. Obviously had we lost we would’ve probably arm-chair debate a couple of those more.

Average? They tried making up for it when maybe someone in the 2nd half pointed out the disparity.

But man were they bad.

And Fran needs to keep calling them out without a make-up kiss the next game day.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
The really great thing about this win is the evenness of contribution. One Cyclone didn’t go cheat-mode and score 30 points. The team had so many in double figures.

Big rebounds by just about all.

Osun’s tip started the clock on the last gasp inbounds and all but ended it.

King!

I mean, Gabe is the headliner, but this was a full TEAM-WIN!

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I said before conference play I thought we would struggle to get to 7 wins and that 7 wins would still put us on the bubble. I was hoping for 7+ home wins and 1-2 road wins.

we already got two road wins and my thoughts on this team is we are for sure a ncaa tourney team. If we can get the next 2 of 3 games....look out.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Yea, that would have been annoying as heck as a TCU fan ha
I just wish the refs would learn from the previous two times he did it. I could see those taking a ref by surprise or be questionable, Gabe's was close. But Lipsey clearly flew by to the side and Miles literally kicked his leg on the way by.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Average? They tried making up for it when maybe someone in the 2nd half pointed out the disparity.

But man were they bad.

And Fran needs to keep calling them out without a make-up kiss the next game day.

There were a handful of calls that weren’t right. I’ll give you that. But could you imagine putting yourself in those shoes. That would be an absolute daunting/nightmarish game to call. The pace and physicality. So yeah, not terrible officiating. I’ll stick with my opinion.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
The really great thing about this win is the evenness of contribution. One Cyclone didn’t go cheat-mode and score 30 points. The team had so many in double figures.

Big rebounds by just about all.

Osun’s tip started the clock on the last gasp inbounds and all but ended it.

King!

I mean, Gabe is the headliner, but this was a full TEAM-WIN!
everyone that played, even Watson made big contributions toward the W

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I misread, thought it said it was a choke even if we win
He was saying we choked, even though it didn't feel that way to me, and the game was not over yet. It very much felt like a game the refs were trying to win for TCU.

Just another example of his negativity. I'm tired of it. I'm not perfect either, but damn.

• Agree
Reactions: JCity

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Thought Watson looked a little rattled in the OU game, but definitely made some big plays today.

Reactions: 2122

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
There were a handful of calls that weren’t right. I’ll give you that. But could you imagine putting yourself in those shoes. That would be an absolute daunting/nightmarish game to call. The pace and physicality. So yeah, not terrible officiating. I’ll stick with my opinion.

Not disagreeing it's tough job. But what was the disparity at one time.........16 for us, 4 for them?

With the way they play defense? Come on. It's not that tough.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What a freaking game. Thought for sure they blew it but Gabe with a ridiculous shot to pull out the win. Another great team effort!

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Are you satisfied with being wrong?

• Disagree
Reactions: mjhavlo76

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
everyone that played, even Watson made big contributions toward the W
Heck yes, he did! He had a couple of really nice blocks. This team has players, and they appear to be able to play well together. There’s gonna be a head-scratcher or two ahead, but WOW!

• Agree
Reactions: oldman and CYDJ