***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The East was a tough bracket but I wouldn't have wanted to end up in the Midwest.
Even as it stands today? I think I would rather be looking at Creighton followed by Purdue to get to the Final Four as opposed to Illinois followed by UConn.

Added bonus in that scenario that I think we would have a much lower liklihood of ever facing the 1 seed in the Midwest as I see Purdue as more likely to stumble before the elite 8 than UConn.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Even as it stands today? I think I would rather be looking at Creighton followed by Purdue to get to the Final Four as opposed to Illinois followed by UConn.

Added bonus in that scenario that I think we would have a much lower liklihood of ever facing the 1 seed in the Midwest as I see Purdue as more likely to stumble before the elite 8 than UConn.
Yeah. And I'm not so sure Purdon't will beat Utah State.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

I was thinking day 1, but the MW has been mostly chalk, I didn't realize how good Oregon really was. I think you're right, I'd still rather be in the MW but it's a lot closer than I thought two days ago, mostly Purdue's half of the bracket. Creighton, Gonzaga, and Oregon was a pretty good group.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This is the weird part of March Madness for me when we’re involved. I go from living and breathing every game to almost disinterested once we’re out.

I found the tournament as a whole was more entertaining when Iowa State wasn’t in it. You can just enjoy the games with your only rooting interest being how well your bracket is doing.

When Iowa state is playing, those games are so great to watch, but I just can’t get into any of the other games because I only care about our games. So the tournament is kinda lost in the noise.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I found the tournament as a whole was more entertaining when Iowa State wasn’t in it. You can just enjoy the games with your only rooting interest being how well your bracket is doing.

When Iowa state is playing, those games are so great to watch, but I just can’t get into any of the other games because I only care about our games. So the tournament is kinda lost in the noise.
When Iowa St got beat in the past I had no desire to watch any BB the rest of that weekend.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD

Thats an interesting perspective and I can see it.

personally, I immediately lose all interest in the tournament when we lose in the first round. As long as we win a game, I'm more interested when we are in it. If we aren't in it, I it's kind of hit or miss and I can still get kind of bitter about the whole thing.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I would never actually pronounce it that way to anyone but a good friend who knows my penchant for word play. But, now that they're out, I'm going to miss my brain saying "Doo Kwez' Nee" when I see their name in print.

Reactions: cyclones500

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Scheduling is so dumb on the second day games. First game at 1110, second at 130, then the third doesn’t tip until 430! How hard is it to stagger tips by an hour starting at 11?

I'd guess they found ratings to be the best in the evening instead of mid-afternoon.

Seems like they do this every year for Sunday of the first weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I don't watch once we lose. I honestly barely watch now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron