***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Edey makes watching basketball painful
I'm probably not PC here, but I have watched A LOT of High School basketball the past 15 years, and Edey reminds me of a Class 2A, 6-3 Girl post player who isn't really good, but nobody can do anything against her.

and Purdue is going to win easy if they keep getting 4 times to score.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's hard to tell your team to go right at Edey when you know he's going to be protected from foul calls, but that's the best strategy, his footwork is pretty slow on defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy and RezClone

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I'm probably not PC here, but I have watched A LOT of High School basketball the past 15 years, and Edey reminds me of a Class 2A, 6-3 Girl post player who isn't really good, but nobody can do anything against her.

and Purdue is going to win easy if they keep getting 4 times to score.

Jordan Eglseder

Reactions: ISU_Guy

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Eddy is fouling on the offensive end like crazy. He just used his body to shove off the defender and they call the foul on the defender. This game is a sham, a travesty so far. The refs are completely protecting Purdue.

Reactions: rosshm16

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Edey getting superstar calls for being 7'4", that's it.

He should be on bench with three, the early play were he slid in front of player on a made basket for lots of contact on the chest was totally baffling. Should be no blocking fouls the entire game if that's not an obvious blocking foul.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Eddy is fouling on the offensive end like crazy. He just used his body to shove off the defender and they call the foul on the defender. This game is a sham, a travesty so far. The refs are completely protecting Purdue.
It's crazy, I've never seen a player in the college game officiated like this.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
I’m not one to blame the refs, but holy $hit is this game a unwatchable because of them. Granted, there are some stupid fouls but there’s a lot of Ticky tack stuff too

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Yeah maybe it's not such a bad thing we aren't playing purdue after all. I, for one, couldn't handle the screw job.