***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
They ought to be pretty solid with Nembhard, Kalkbrenner, Kaluma and him. I can't keep track of this stuff anymore-- is Hawkins out of eligibility?
They will be top 5, sounds like they will get Kerwin Walton too...they are big spenders and will thrive in this landscape

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I imagine these schools with no football program to spread NIL money to but super passionate fanbases will do well with the current system. Places like 'Nova, Georgetown, Creighton, etc.

Yeah. I am wondering how the Academy's are going to be able to compete. Navy, Airforce, Army. The Military has certain rules and regs that might not allow this. Not that they are blue bloods or anything. Just curious to see if the cadets can take NIL

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yeah. I am wondering how the Academy's are going to be able to compete. Navy, Airforce, Army. The Military has certain rules and regs that might not allow this. Not that they are blue bloods or anything. Just curious to see if the cadets can take NIL

Even schools like Drake or Loyola Chicago. No football team to support, but schools with a quality academic reputation and some wealthy alums. You could see the potential for a few of them to pony up to bring in some better players.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
They will be top 5, sounds like they will get Kerwin Walton too...they are big spenders and will thrive in this landscape
Saw they were interested in Walton as well, but I don't know how the Scheierman commitment effects that. They also have to be getting full on scholarships, especially since I think they only get 12 because of their recruiting violations a few years ago.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Creighton is in a good position in terms of funding to attract players. They have a smaller alumni base, but it is a wealthy one. They have medical, dental, and law schools in addition to a business school. The real key is the support that they get from the non-alumni Omaha metro area fans and business community.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Saw they were interested in Walton as well, but I don't know how the Scheierman commitment effects that. They also have to be getting full on scholarships, especially since I think they only get 12 because of their recruiting violations a few years ago.
For what they’re spending on players, how impactful is the loss of a scholarship?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Creighton is in a good position in terms of funding to attract players. They have a smaller alumni base, but it is a wealthy one. They have medical, dental, and law schools in addition to a business school. The real key is the support that they get from the non-alumni Omaha metro area fans and business community.
Jayskers are a very real thing and they aren't shy about spending money.

• Winner
Reactions: heitclone