***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
For what they’re spending on players, how impactful is the loss of a scholarship?
I haven't seen where they're spending anything on players. Scheierman would be the most logical to be getting something, and that's just from Kentucky throwing out rumors that he was demanding NIL, which is pretty rich coming from them.

And the loss of a scholarship punishment came from the NCAA before NIL.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I haven't seen where they're spending anything on players. Scheierman would be the most logical to be getting something, and that's just from Kentucky throwing out rumors that he was demanding NIL, which is pretty rich coming from them.

And the loss of a scholarship punishment came from the NCAA before NIL.
They’re likely in the top tier in spending on the basketball side.
They got dinged for recruiting. You think their willingness to cross the line has now stopped, now that it’s more common?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
They’re likely in the top tier in spending on the basketball side.
They got dinged for recruiting. You think their willingness to cross the line has now stopped, now that it’s more common?
I think they should be giving their top players something. They generate a lot of revenue for Creighton. With the exception of Scheierman, all the good players are returning, so I'm not sure I'd put them in the Arkansas boat yet.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Since it's the wild west out here, could probably just offer someone 250 grand and tell them they can walk on and pay their own way from there.
Not saying it won't happen, but the next school to do this, I believe will be the first.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I think they should be giving their top players something. They generate a lot of revenue for Creighton. With the exception of Scheierman, all the good players are returning, so I'm not sure I'd put them in the Arkansas boat yet.
McD is known to be on that side of the game now.
There was a post on a MN forum when talking about Walton that it’s 100k plus car, more for Scheierman types. I just don’t think 12 is that important of a number now.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
McD is known to be on that side of the game now.
There was a post on a MN forum when talking about Walton that it’s 100k plus car, more for Scheierman types. I just don’t think 12 is that important of a number now.
I think it'd be great if Walton went to Creighton, but now with Scheierman there I'm not sure it makes since for him if he's going to be 6th man. And I guess props to Creighton if they're willing to pay 100k for a 6th man.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If that’s changed, it’s because of Mosley
From what I can tell they have contacted him but I don't think they are pursuing him real hard. They only have one scholarship to give right now because it sounds like WIlson is probably coming back. Seems like Hunter, Mosley and McCullar are their top 3.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
From what I can tell they have contacted him but I don't think they are pursuing him real hard. They only have one scholarship to give right now because it sounds like WIlson is probably coming back. Seems like Hunter, Mosley and McCullar are their top 3.
That’s recruiting. You’ll notice that two of those guys became available after Council. They’re interested, depending on what else happens.

It’s not hard l to imagine why there’s interest in Council. He has 3 years left and is already as good as guys like Holmes, more upside, and a better fit. Passes the eye test, and results in the biggest bump when using metric based assessment. The question was always whether we could land him

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Got another name to start watching closer.

Quick glance.

3 season stats - 22 minutes per game (26 the past two seasons): 12.9 ppg; 6.1 rpg; 2pt% .612 (5.6 attempts per game); FT% 68 (75 in 2021-22). More turnovers than assists. Steal/Block negligible. (UMKC in Summit League past two seasons; WAC his first season). [From Lincoln, Neb.]

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Quick glance.

3 season stats - 22 minutes per game (26 the past two seasons): 12.9 ppg; 6.1 rpg; 2pt% .612 (5.6 attempts per game); FT% 68 (75 in 2021-22). More turnovers than assists. Steal/Block negligible. (UMKC in Summit League past two seasons; WAC his first season). [From Lincoln, Neb.]
6'8 225

Reactions: cyclones500

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Quick glance.

My uninformed feeling is that this is a backup plan, possibly a backup to a backup.