***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Wow!! There are some highly rated players in the portal! This is going to be like playing musical chairs every year. Dang!! :(

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So no Bates. No BVP. No Basile. No word on a visit from Ossunyi , so we're down to a player from UMKC huh? Not ideal.

I seriously doubt it is down to 2 players to fill the last roster spot. There are over 1000 players in the portal. The staff was focused on those three the past week we’ll hear of some new names soon.
I would have guessed that the Council IV shipped sailed and today ISU is in his final 6.
R-E-L-A-X

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I seriously doubt it is down to 2 players to fill the last roster spot. There are over 1000 players in the portal. The staff was focused on those three the past week we’ll hear of some new names soon.
I would have guessed that the Council IV shipped sailed and today ISU is in his final 6.
R-E-L-A-X
Oh I'm relaxed, just was hoping for those initial bigs that visited, that one would commit. As for 'new names', the portal is closed now. So if you mean 'what's left' names then hopefully we'll find a good fit yet.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Oh I'm relaxed, just was hoping for those initial bigs that visited, that one would commit. As for 'new names', the portal is closed now. So if you mean 'what's left' names then hopefully we'll find a good fit yet.
The portal is never closed. Yeah May 1 deadline for eligibility next season, but there's still summer grad transfers. Plus it's rumored the NCAA will allow all to have immediate eligibility.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Still plenty of time but I feel like the strength of this staff is it's long term connections, they've burned through most of the bigger targets there. Now it's a bit different of a game, a little more random.

Being a contender for Bates is a good sign, he wasn't an obvious connection but we got him on campus. I think that shows that any big, especially a 5 wanting a big role on a p6 team, is going to want to hear what we have to say. We have a huge role to sell for that type of player. Let's hope they can reel one in.

cyc26

Nov 24, 2020
Sounds like it is Butler for Bates, what is the word on Basile? Leaning ND or was it VT??

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
And Butler is a good program with a good coach.
This isn't 2010, they made exactly 1 NCAA tourney in five years as a 10 seed. We've had much better post-season success the last decade than they have.
Georgetown has been a dumpster fire for the last 7 years. Something else going on here of we are losing guys like Bates and Basile to these schools.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt