*** Official 2019 Big 12 Tournament Champions Thread ***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I was really impressed with Conditt coming in and playing very good minutes when needed in the first half. No let down noticed. Very nice to have 3 bigs playing well.

I know it is late in the game to mix up the rotation, but, honestly, from what I have seen the past few weeks, Conditt deserves to be the second post before Lard.

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
In CW's video of Naz on the court after the game, he gets mobbed by Shayok, who just says "I needed that. I really needed that."

Sometimes we forget that these kids want to win more than we do. Even when they are struggling.

Also, how great is it that Wigs family was down in KC and that Shayok's family was down there too? We need to make sure that those guys are wherever we are next.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Iowa State is 8-0 in Big 12 Semifinal and Championship games since 2014. It feels like there's been an amazing streak of either losing in the first round or winning the Big 12 tournament.

It also seems like ISU is never on the NCAA tournament bubble. I don't think there's been a bubble year since that year Johnny told **** Vitale that he kicked his ***.

Pretty sure the Wayne Morgan (Stinson, Blalock, Homan, etc.) year, we were a bubble team.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was really impressed with Conditt coming in and playing very good minutes when needed in the first half. No let down noticed. Very nice to have 3 bigs playing well.

Conditt just simply played hard and looked like he gave two ****s what stage he was on. Him being strong at the end of the first half was really unsung.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Pretty sure the Wayne Morgan (Stinson, Blalock, Homan, etc.) year, we were a bubble team.

I don't know that we were much of a bubble team with how we finished that year. Obviously we were an 8 or a 9 seed, but we just started so poorly.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Love my Cyclones, and I always will. They turned it around, and they should be proud. Doesn't matter if I'm proud, just so they are. They deserve it.

Reactions: NENick

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't know that we were much of a bubble team with how we finished that year. Obviously we were an 8 or a 9 seed, but we just started so poorly.

Yeah, we were the 8, so I wouldn't say bubble, but that was a rough start to the conference at 0-5.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I was at the game in Colorado that season and I think that's what solidified them in...got them to a 9-7 conference record and an away win.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Random thoughts...

I ended up dealing with some stuff today where I missed the 1st half and "had" to listen to the 2nd half on the radio. Most people on here seem to like John but I've seen less complimentary things toward Eric. I'll say again how lucky we are to have BOTH of them. Homers? Sure. Damn good at their jobs and at their best in these types of games? You bet your ass. I loved every second of it. I'm glad I got to witness it that way. That's what DVR is for.

Unbelievable turnaround for this team. I didn't get as bad as some on here but I sure had my doubts and got more worked up than a 40 something should over the last month. This is the stuff that makes it all worthwhile. 4 out of 6...enjoy it kids. A lot of us older fans weren't sure these days would ever come.

We are back to being that dangerous team in the bracket again. We're not perfect and a bad game could kill this buzz in a hurry. That said, I have some hope again and I didnt think think i would have that again this season as late as a week ago. Great job by this staff and team of getting the wheels back on.

Winning is fun. Great job in KC those that made it. That stuff makes me even more proud than usual to be a Cyclone.

Sorry...tl/dr. Awesome weekend all the way around!

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'm not too surprised that we won today, but in the big picture I do believe that out of all of our conference tournament championship teams that this one is the most unlikely one.

Just think, less than two weeks ago we were down by 21 points at halftime to West Virginia. Now, we're at the top of the world.

What a wonderful turnaround for these players, CSP and his staff, and the whole damn program. What a turnaround for the fan base as well.

This is going to sound stupid, but I wonder if the guy who yelled at CSP after the Texas Tech home loss should get some credit. From what I've read on here, that was a galvanizing moment for the team.

Reactions: STLISU

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It did sure feel like it though after the way they started.

Yeah I remember walking out of Hilton after the Colorado game thinking it was a lost season. Add that on top of the eustachy saga, and the future of Iowa state basketball was in serious doubt.

They turned it around. I learned then that you have to see how things end before deciding a team is a failure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron