***Official 2017 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Keontae Jones is the younger brother of Deshaunte Jones. They are both from Colerain HS in Cincinnati. They only had one regular season loss this year and that was to Cincinnati LaSalle.

Jarell White and Thayer Munford both play for Cincinnati LaSalle. LaSalle and Colerain are both really good football schools in Cincy.

RJ Potts is the son of Roosevelt Potts who played RB for the Colts.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I know. I'm still a little bitter about both brothers going elsewhere, but at the same time, we did get both Bailey brothers when one wanted to go to V-tech and one wanted to come here. Thanks, Mrs. Bailey!!!

That's not quite how it went.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,371

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I see we won't be losing a lot on offense after the '16 year which is good since the defense will be pretty young that next year

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Why is that crazy? Offering high rated recruits isn't anything new

No doubt. We've offered at least 1 5-star guy in every class the last 5 years. Assume many before that-just stopped looking.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If anything, the staff needs to go all out to get this guy:

CB Ameer Speed of Jacksonville, FL. 3 stars on Rivals. 6'3" 185 LBS. Good size and an awesome name! Has offers from ISU, C. Michigan, Charlotte, Colorado, Duke, FIU, Ga. Southern, Idaho, Indiana, N. Carolina, Wake Forest and W. Virginia.https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/182846

Just so they can say we've recruited more SPEED on defense.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Jarell white looks like a beast. Are we recruiting him as a RB or a river SS because he looks like he can play both at a really high level.

Looks like we are getting in early on a TE Logan christopherson. He is really highly rated on 247 Maryland is the only other p5 offer he has so far but a composite rating of 88.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
It will be interesting to see how many of the guys we have already offered we end up getting. Most seem to be either unrated or have offers from all the big boys like OSU, Michigan, etc.

I know everyone talked about them saying they are behind on the 2017 class already as them just working hard...it can kind of be true. They already had a lot of relationships with the current class when at Toledo. I wonder how many they already have good relationships with for the 2017 class

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Jarell white looks like a beast. Are we recruiting him as a RB or a river SS because he looks like he can play both at a really high level.

Looks like we are getting in early on a TE Logan christopherson. He is really highly rated on 247 Maryland is the only other p5 offer he has so far but a composite rating of 88.

Not sure where we are wanting White to play, but I hear he plans on visiting during the season.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
We need Boyd, Munford, Deaton, the DT and any LB on that list plus a couple.

Depth at OL is a must and those three all have the size and the offer lists to show they must have some talent worthy of interest.

We lose a lot at LB after 2016. Bringing in more depth and better talent is also a must here.

DT...Losing Tucker is going to be a hit, but if CMC can continue to add depth up front they will find gems in there.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
We need Boyd, Munford, Deaton, the DT and any LB on that list plus a couple.

Depth at OL is a must and those three all have the size and the offer lists to show they must have some talent worthy of interest.

We lose a lot at LB after 2016. Bringing in more depth and better talent is also a must here.

DT...Losing Tucker is going to be a hit, but if CMC can continue to add depth up front they will find gems in there.

I know the iowa guys don't have the size that the others do but they both look really good. Newell will end up getting a bunch of offers if he can gain another 25 lbs. His technique is really good. Dystra looks like he has a mean streak. I think both would be contributers after 2-3 years in the program. The other O line guys might be an earlier impact.

A couple of those LBs look like they could be good. Will be interesting to see how much muscle they can put on before their senior years. A couple a pretty small

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
To answer a question in the OP, yes Deshaunte Jones is related to Keontae Jones. Keontae is his younger brother. Would think that gives us a bit of an inside path if we want him.

Coach Campbell and staff were recruiting Keontae to Toledo so they are very familiar with him and vice versa. Keontae and his brother are very close so I think there is a good chance Keontae will end up at ISU. Here's a nice story on the Jones bros... http://www.cincinnati.com/story/rec...o-deshaunte-jones-and-keontae-jones/76347594/

Last edited: