NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Regular Season Thread***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It's OK. Once college basketball season starts you can get all hyped about the players the Bulls are tanking for. Hang in there! Just think about Porter or Bagley in Chicago next year. Or they could go international and roll the dice on Luka Doncic.

I'm done with Chicago until Gar Pax is gone. Kind of enjoying life as a neutral fan right now.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, it'd be a great time to be a neutral fan. A lot of fun, promising teams out there.

If I was in your situation I would be All Over the Bucks Bandwagon

Seats are filling up fast. Denver would be another good one. And I still don't fully trust Vlade to not **** it up, but Sacramento has some interesting pieces in place.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Seats are filling up fast. Denver would be another good one. And I still don't fully trust Vlade to not **** it up, but Sacramento has some interesting pieces in place.
Yeah, Sacramento may not show that many signs this year, but they will be good in the next 2-3 years I think.
My buddy recently hopped off the Bulls "for a bit" and has been claiming he is a Suns fan now, before the season, and I gave him **** because he would always make fun of me for being a Timberwolves fan and having to stick out terrible teams. Safe to say I am very happy that he chose the Suns to pump up as the second coming of the Warriors in the west, and having the ability to give him **** that BOTH of his teams blow.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, Sacramento may not show that many signs this year, but they will be good in the next 2-3 years I think.
My buddy recently hopped off the Bulls "for a bit" and has been claiming he is a Suns fan now, before the season, and I gave him **** because he would always make fun of me for being a Timberwolves fan and having to stick out terrible teams. Safe to say I am very happy that he chose the Suns to pump up as the second coming of the Warriors in the west, and having the ability to give him **** that BOTH of his teams blow.

Ooh, he did not do his research before he picked a new team. I think it's going to get much worse in PHX before it gets better.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Ooh, he did not do his research before he picked a new team. I think it's going to get much worse in PHX before it gets better.
Agreed, and I told him as much! But he is a hyyuugge UK and Big Blue nation supporter. So he now refers to them as the Phoenix Big Bluers. ******* doucher.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So many good storylines to follow too. Normally the nba regular season is a bore fest but there is something entertaining on also a daily basis.

Which is interesting, because I remember a fair amount of complaining last year about how Cavs/Warriors in the Finals was all but a done deal and the regular season was a waste of time. I don't feel like much has changed this year in that regard, but there seems to be a lot more excitement around this season.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yeah, it'd be a great time to be a neutral fan. A lot of fun, promising teams out there.

If I was in your situation I would be All Over the Bucks Bandwagon

Just a few that I'm keeping an eye on

OKC - how will this big 3 play out?
Bucks - Greek Freak, nuff said
T-wolves - good young talent mixed in with some of the best players that Chicago traded away

Reactions: srjclone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

T-wolves - good young talent mixed in with some of the best players that Chicago traded away

The T-Wolves are a little basic for me. The Bucks have some fun players in addition to the Greek Freak. They have a lot of skill in the front court.

Jokic is a blast to watch for the Nuggets, plus you can always cheer for Mudiay to commit TOs so Monte gets his chance. :)

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

The T-Wolves gave up 130 points on 67% shooting to the Pacers...

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Which is interesting, because I remember a fair amount of complaining last year about how Cavs/Warriors in the Finals was all but a done deal and the regular season was a waste of time. I don't feel like much has changed this year in that regard, but there seems to be a lot more excitement around this season.

I think a lot of it for me at least, is that teams didn't just punt on this year. I don't think anyone is going to get by the Warriors but it's good for the league seeing teams like the Rockets, OKC and Boston loading up to take a shot.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The T-Wolves are a little basic for me. The Bucks have some fun players in addition to the Greek Freak. They have a lot of skill in the front court.

Jokic is a blast to watch for the Nuggets, plus you can always cheer for Mudiay to commit TOs so Monte gets his chance. :)

So far it looks like Monte hasn't even been on the court in the regular season. I see no reason why with a little PT he could have as much of an impact for Denver as the Brogdon gave Milwaukee.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Giannis is literally going to break the NBA. It's so unfair how he can only dribble once after passing the half court line and still dunk it. Also, I love this throw back court/uniforms

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron