NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Regular Season Thread***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Cavs follow loss to the Nets with a loss to the Pelicans. I know it's early but first place in the Eatern Conference, the Orlando freaking Magic? And at the 8 spot 3-3 Cleveland.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The T-Wolves are a little basic for me. The Bucks have some fun players in addition to the Greek Freak. They have a lot of skill in the front court.

Jokic is a blast to watch for the Nuggets, plus you can always cheer for Mudiay to commit TOs so Monte gets his chance. :)
I'm gonna be honest. I've been a Bucks fan for years, and I really think it's sad how little talent is around Giannis. I enjoy watching Brogdon, but outside of those 2, woof. Middleton has been so awful this year, you never know what you will get out of Tony Snell, Delly isn't worth the price tag, Teletovich is useless if he isn't hitting 3s at a high clip, Monroe is a huge disappointment and costs 18 mil this year, and Thon Maker just all around lacks talent in every area.

It's embarrassing how disfunctional the Bucks front office and ownership is.

• Dislike
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I'm gonna be honest. I've been a Bucks fan for years, and I really think it's sad how little talent is around Giannis. I enjoy watching Brogdon, but outside of those 2, woof. Middleton has been so awful this year, you never know what you will get out of Tony Snell, Delly isn't worth the price tag, Teletovich is useless if he isn't hitting 3s at a high clip, Monroe is a huge disappointment and costs 18 mil this year, and Thon Maker just all around lacks talent in every area.

They need to move Middleton, he's been bad. Bucks are still young and Giannis will be the best player in the nba with-in the next 5 years.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They need to move Middleton, he's been bad. Bucks are still young and Giannis will be the best player in the nba with-in the next 5 years.
Agree with you there. Unfortunately, if the Bucks fail to give Giannis a little help around him, he might decide to leave when his contract is up in 4 years.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Who plays instead of him? He's been averaging 17,5,5
17 ppg on 39 fg % isn't impressive. They need to make some sort of move involving him or Monroe, with Parker coming back they'll need shooters to spread the floor. Right now they don't have that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

They've been trying to dump Monroe for a while now. I've heard that Eric Bledsoe is a target for them, but I'm not sure they have the assets to get him from Phoenix and for that matter, I don't know how much he would help them. He's a good defender and solid playmaker, but he needs the ball to be effective. He's just an OK catch and shoot guy, and with so much of the offense running through Giannis it seems like it would be a weird fit.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Based on what seven games? Middleton fits perfectly with the Bucks identity of long interchangeable pieces. He's also shot over 40% from three over the last four years and is on a great contract. I definitely would not be in a hurry to move him.

The Bucks are taking advantage of Giannis how Miami and Cleveland never were quite able to with LeBron in that having a big guy that can run the point and guard anyone allows you to go with supersized backcourts that don't really need to be able to run the offense. Brogdon is huge for a point guard. Being able to switch tons of screens like the Warriors do is great, being able to switch them with super long guys who can guard the perimeter can be even better. Miami was trying to do this in LeBron's first year when the plan was to have a Wade-Miller-LeBron-Bosh-Haslem crunch time lineup but with Miller's injuries they reverted back to playing a typical pg.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Based on what seven games? Middleton fits perfectly with the Bucks identity of long interchangeable pieces. He's also shot over 40% from three over the last four years and is on a great contract. I definitely would not be in a hurry to move him.

The Bucks are taking advantage of Giannis how Miami and Cleveland never were quite able to with LeBron in that having a big guy that can run the point and guard anyone allows you to go with supersized backcourts that don't really need to be able to run the offense. Brogdon is huge for a point guard. Being able to switch tons of screens like the Warriors do is great, being able to switch them with super long guys who can guard the perimeter can be even better. Miami was trying to do this in LeBron's first year when the plan was to have a Wade-Miller-LeBron-Bosh-Haslem crunch time lineup but with Miller's injuries they reverted back to playing a typical pg.

That was the reason for drafting Thon Maker, too. Right now that's the blueprint for beating the Warriors - a long, switchy group that can run with Golden State's Death Lineup. Really the only piece there that maybe doesn't fit other than Monroe is Jabari Parker, and I'd even be hesitant to move him since they still don't know for sure what they have there.

Reactions: CyJack13

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
That was the reason for drafting Thon Maker, too. Right now that's the blueprint for beating the Warriors - a long, switchy group that can run with Golden State's Death Lineup. Really the only piece there that maybe doesn't fit other than Monroe is Jabari Parker, and I'd even be hesitant to move him since they still don't know for sure what they have there.

And I think Maker has a lot of promise, guys who can space the floor and defend the rim are extremely rare. And getting crunch time playoff mins at 20 is no small thing. Of course I like him quite a bit less if he's actually 28.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
And I think Maker has a lot of promise, guys who can space the floor and defend the rim are extremely rare. And getting crunch time playoff mins at 20 is no small thing. Of course I like him quite a bit less if he's actually 28.
I agree, guys like that are rare, and Thon doesn't fit that description. NBA centers have their way with him at the rim and he gets destroyed on the glass as well. I agree Thon really showed some flash in the playoffs last year, but he has been so bad throughout summer league, preseason, and the first 8 games. He's really looked like he's regressed and by the sound of it, Thon has an insanely high work ethic.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
17 ppg on 39 fg % isn't impressive. They need to make some sort of move involving him or Monroe, with Parker coming back they'll need shooters to spread the floor. Right now they don't have that.
He low-key dropped 43 pts today on 15-28 shooting

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Top 5 rookies so far are Simmons, Markkanen, Tatum, Collins and Kuzma. And in the best PG battle, Fox is better than Ball and Smith Jr. so far.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Huge move, and benefit to both sides I think. Bucks are gonna be a force to reckon with

Yeah, I think it's a good move for both sides. The Suns dump a malcontent and pick up an expiring contract and a low first rounder. I am curious to see how Bledsoe fits in Milwaukee. If nothing else he gives the Bucks another playmaker to help ease the load on Giannis and they could be a defensive terror on the perimeter with him.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone