MLB: ***Official 2016 - 17 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO CUBS Offseason Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm fine with Javy being all time utility infielder as long as he is in the lineup everyday or damn near

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Todd won't be doing Cubs pre & post-game on CSN Chicago any longer:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Todd won't be doing Cubs pre & post-game on CSN Chicago any longer:

He will be back the second their is an opening in the TV or radio booth. If you listen to him on MLB radio in the AM, you know how much he absolutely loves Chicago.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Just watched the MLB documentary on the World Series. If you're a Cubs fan, you should absolutely invest. I just spent the better part of two hours crying, reliving the happiest moments of my life.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Just watched the MLB documentary on the World Series. If you're a Cubs fan, you should absolutely invest. I just spent the better part of two hours crying, reliving the happiest moments of my life.
Are they reairing this on TV anymore? I keep looking for it, but not finding it. I thought it was supposed to happen in late Dec, but didn't see it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Are they reairing this on TV anymore? I keep looking for it, but not finding it. I thought it was supposed to happen in late Dec, but didn't see it.

Pretty sure my parents DVR'd it when I was home over Christmas. The Blu-Ray/DVD combo is like $15, though.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Just ordered the World Series set and World Series documentary on blu ray tonight. Any apparel or collector items anyone recommend?

I got this for Christmas which is a nice addition to my man cave: http://www.mlbshop.com/Chicago_Cubs...ies_Champions_Framed_16_x_20_Timeline_Collage

I really like the looks of this but I just can't pull the trigger yet on spending $100 + $15 for shipping: http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/126406001_2016-world-series-chicago-cubs-commemorative.html?cm_ven=GPS&cm_cat=Google|ProductAds&cm_pla=&cm_ite=126406001&gclid=Cj0KEQiAy53DBRCo4en29Zvcla0BEiQAVIDcc3Ssv9PbYzhQYrx9cgXBbEjA7Yja7S6vgIzK2ICUPHgaAsWS8P8HAQ

I'm getting a bunch of stuff framed. I've got copies of the Tribune from the pennant clincher and the WS clincher, plus all four Sports Illustrated covers they were on this season (preseason, Baez's Mother's Day walk-off, the playoff preview with the 1908 design, and the WS clincher). Putting them all in one big frame (two magazines spaced like an inch apart are the same height as the full newspaper front, so I'll have two mags stacked on both sides and the Trib fronts in the middle). I got my dad the WS clincher framed with the same matting that I'll use for mine.

50482907369__4B1B7A3F-402B-4B0C-A7DC-BFEBB4AB3721-2.JPG

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I'm getting a bunch of stuff framed. I've got copies of the Tribune from the pennant clincher and the WS clincher, plus all four Sports Illustrated covers they were on this season (preseason, Baez's Mother's Day walk-off, the playoff preview with the 1908 design, and the WS clincher). Putting them all in one big frame (two magazines spaced like an inch apart are the same height as the full newspaper front, so I'll have two mags stacked on both sides and the Trib fronts in the middle). I got my dad the WS clincher framed with the same matting that I'll use for mine.

View attachment 45823

That's really cool. You don't have any spare copies lying around by chance??

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I like the sound of this: http://www.bleachernation.com/2017/...king-of-a-six-man-rotation-for-parts-of-2017/

Sounds like if the Cubs don't sign Tyson Ross that Travis Wood could still be in the mix to return. It's inevitable that someone (most likely Lackey with his age) is going to falter or break down and they'll need a 6th starter to fill a spot if someone goes to the DL. Cubs rotation has been very fortunate the past couple years to avoid injury.

Looking over the list of SP's still available I wonder if someone like Brett Anderson or Jered Weaver is still looking for a home close to spring training would be interested in signing and working things out in AAA to start the season but that may be wishful thinking. Not sure what the latest is on Tim Lincecum if he's still trying to stay in the league or if he's done but he did pitch some in AAA last year. Was just looking through the remaining FA pitchers and not familiar with a lot of their situations but ideally it would be nice to stash even a veteran in AAA who maybe they can work with as a reclamation project like they have done in the past with some guys and hope they get lucky or at the very least be some emergency pitching depth with MLB experience.

I'd love to see them sign Ross though, rehab him in AAA to start the year and bring him up when they want to use 6 guys. Montgomery probably would make more sense moving back to the bullpen if they reduced it back to a 5 man rotation as he showed last year he was perfectly capable going back and forth between the rotation and pen and at least if you stretch him out to start the season in the rotation he should be able to eat up a few more innings if you need to move someone between the rotation and pen.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I really hope Almora is our starter in CF and Jay is just a backup. Almora and Heyward out there will almost eliminate the awful glove of whoever we put in left field.

We will obviously need to get another pitcher or two.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella

View attachment 45823

Where did you get yours framed at?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Where did you get yours framed at?

I took it to Hobby Lobby. Ran me about $90 bucks for my dad's frame, and I've never had a bad experience when I want to get something framed right. I got an autographed vinyl framed there last year and was very happy with the results, as well.

IMG_1717-2.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: SECyclone