*** Official #19 Iowa VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Anyone know how to get the pregame show with Stanz and Woody? KXNO on iHeart Radio is playing a national Fox broadcast.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They will get the game in I think that is a forgone conclusion. However, my concern is that it is starting to look like it is back building. Maybe all the way to Omaha. If is starts running the hwy 30 train, may be waiting a long time to start the game. Hopefully it falls apart, but this time of day usually things ramp up.

Don't say that. I wondered why it seems like these cells to the west don't seem to be moving hardly at all.

No way we can have another SDSU from last year.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Don't say that. I wondered why it seems like these cells to the west don't seem to be moving hardly at all.

Severe T-storm warning for southern Boone county. I forgot how far away they allow lighting before calling things off?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Severe T-storm warning for southern Boone county. I forgot how far away they allow lighting before calling things off?

We have the worst luck in the world. First SDSU game last year, then the Drake hurricane game, and now this BS. Time to put a retractable roof on the stadium Jamie.

• Agree
Reactions: CYber_saber

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

If that happens. This time nix it and get 7-8 wins elsewhere.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Well, the worst looks like it's sliding down towards DSM. And the other just west of Ames might be falling apart. Hopefully an hour delay at the most. There is stuff just north. Does anyone know how far they allow lighting i.e. 1 mile-5 miles.....before they all clear things?

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
He probably is hungover, they said he just came from a show at Greenbay... either way, who cares. Dude likes to drink and smokes a little dope.

His future is so bright hes gotta wear shades

For the record, I didn't mind Church. I was actually impressed by his stats - though I couldn't figure if he knew those legitimately, just memorized them, or someone was feeding him those stats in his ear.

The sunglasses thing I was merely pointing out what I thought. He was moving slowly and wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day. Maybe he wears them normally - I have no idea. I am just used to that equating to hangover. And I have nothing against that either - just was pointing it out. I personally thought it was kind of funny.

But again, I don't think he was that bad but at the same time - could have gotten a better celebrity. Honestly, it would have been cool to get someone like Kurt Warner in there. One of the great NFL QBs of the last 20 years IMO and a great story. Grew up in Iowa and went to UNI (neither of the schools). Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Dude's surrounded by drunk people at 11. 11 AM. And we're criticizing his hangover.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is the ISU Texas game 'emoji' or Minnesota's cartoon gopher (today) worse for a decal?

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Dude's surrounded by drunk people at 11. 11 AM. And we're criticizing his hangover.

LOL, maybe you missed when I said "And I have nothing against that either - just was pointing it out. I personally thought it was kind of funny."

What the hell do I care? It was funny. He reminded me of one of my best friends with that.

Reactions: Doc

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
For the record, I didn't mind Church. I was actually impressed by his stats - though I couldn't figure if he knew those legitimately, just memorized them, or someone was feeding him those stats in his ear.

The sunglasses thing I was merely pointing out what I thought. He was moving slowly and wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day. Maybe he wears them normally - I have no idea. I am just used to that equating to hangover. And I have nothing against that either - just was pointing it out. I personally thought it was kind of funny.

But again, I don't think he was that bad but at the same time - could have gotten a better celebrity. Honestly, it would have been cool to get someone like Kurt Warner in there. One of the great NFL QBs of the last 20 years IMO and a great story. Grew up in Iowa and went to UNI (neither of the schools). Oh well.
[/QUOTE]

He always wears sunglasses. Even inside. He was reading off his phone during picks. So either someone saved stats on there or he did some homework. I doubt it he did it all by himself tho.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

He always wears sunglasses. Even inside. He was reading off his phone during picks. So either someone saved stats on there or he did some homework. I doubt it he did it all by himself tho.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I saw that phone there. Probably took notes - smart. Either way, I actually don't understand the hate for him minus him not picking ISU. He wasn't all crazy but it was fine. Though I would have preferred someone else with actual Iowa ties.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron