*** Official #18 Texas Tech vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
At the end of the half the same official calls a charge on us and totally allowed them to charge us to get a shot of. Not any difference in the game, but that was totally uneven. It doesn't matter how bad you are, you should at least get even calling.
Better teams get better calls.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
If you swapped rosters... Beard would still beat Prohm. He is exponentially better at in game coaching.
Beard is a top coach in all of CBB, period. That's not saying much. Obviously Prohm still sucks in that regard, but Beard is not anything close to average or what is expected.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Every year same thing, just can never get his guys to play hard consistently.

defensive effort, I don’t even know what to say, never seen a d1 team do this kind of stuff over and over and over again

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
TT is playing absolutely out of their minds today in literally all facets of the game, that's worth noting. But ultimately still doesn't matter.
I believe some of it is due to who they are playing, but only maybe 50 percent. We let them get comfortable with easy buckets now they are playing on house money and are completely loose. That makes it much easier.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Beard is a top coach in all of CBB, period. That's not saying much. Obviously Prohm still sucks in that regard, but Beard is not anything close to average or what is expected.
Wasn’t debating that. Just pointing out how much better talent Prohm requires to make up for his coaching deficiencies. He needs NBA players in order to be average.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Every year same thing, just can never get his guys to play hard consistently.

defensive effort, I don’t even know what to say, never seen a d1 team do this kind of stuff over and over and over again

It is literally like an AAU team. No discipline. No goals. No defense. No coaching

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Whatever happened to those pre-COVID Thad Matta rumors? Let’s bring those back, it’ll give us something fresh to discuss.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
What’s worse our coaching or talent? Steve wouldn’t be hired as a ballboy for Beard and our guys have no talent I mean maybe Johnson or Solo would be like the 8th or 9th guy for Baylor or Iowa