*** Official #18 Texas Tech vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Again, which is... who? The limit exists somewhere within ISU's AD -- they are in charge of these decisions. There is no other legal mandate otherwise.

I don't know...just remember he wasn't very happy being vetoed on how many people could attend games.

Cyclone560

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2017
Back on topic....

I'm worried about the turnovers, given we have stuggled in that area and that's where Tech is really good. But if we can clean those up I think we have a really good shot. Tech is good but I think solidly below the top tier in the Big12. This is a winnable game if we continue to show the energy and effort level we have had the last few games. Excited to see us hopefully take another step and get the win.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Back on topic....

I'm worried about the turnovers, given we have stuggled in that area and that's where Tech is really good. But if we can clean those up I think we have a really good shot. Tech is good but I think solidly below the top tier in the Big12. This is a winnable game if we continue to show the energy and effort level we have had the last few games. Excited to see us hopefully take another step and get the win.
I think what I want to see most is what this team's ceiling actually is, i.e. what a "complete game" looks like. It's hard to play one, but I can't really look at our previous games and pick one out that I'd say was a really complete game. There's definitely some better than others, but none I'd say have looked like full potential. I don't expect to be world-beaters by any means, but I'd just like to know where we really could be versus where we really are.

That said, I'd still maintain they're slowly improving game-to-game.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Back on topic....

Turnovers are going to decide this game. Tech has the best turnover margin and ISU has the worst in the Big 12.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I would like for ISU not to turn it over 20 times and only end up with 4 or 5 assists. That's just ****** basketball.

Off topic a little.

Is ISU basketball being investigated for anything by the NCAA right now? I hope not. But if so, this would be a good year to give ourselves a one year ban from the post season like Arizona did.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Again - Wendy is not part of the AD, you made that up. You said the limit exits within the AD- that is factually incorrect.
The person in charge of the AD is not part of the AD? That's... an interesting argument. She's literally Pollard's boss.

If she doesn't oversee the departments of her direct reports, she's apparently not in charge of anything at ISU.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I would like for ISU not to turn it over 20 times and only end up with 4 or 5 assists. That's just ****** basketball.

Off topic a little.

Is ISU basketball being investigated for anything by the NCAA right now? I hope not. But if so, this would be a good year to give ourselves a one year ban from the post season like Arizona did.

If this is what we look like while cheating, i'd hate to see what things would look like without it

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Correct. There is nothing to argue, you specifically said the limit exists WITHIN the AD which is false. Move on.
I think you missed the point, but whatever. If splitting hairs is what you're into, keep splitting hairs. It ain't right, but I suppose it's condescendingly-fun.
A Tech fan told me today that he thinks we will beat them today. So there’s that.
Ouch.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
McClung is good.

TT is not aggressively attacking the glass on offense, I would expect that to change later. Especially at the rate we give up O RBs.

Help Support Us

Become a patron