*** Official #14 Notre Dame VS IOWA STATE Camping World Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I looked over at my wife on that 3rd and 1 and said “wait for some trickery dickery crap instead of a basic get one yard play.” Sure enough, some teams come trickery dickery crap that was lucky to work. Tom Manning is such dog ****.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Did anyone watch Washington State last night?

Their QB Gordon is setting all kinds of QB records this year, even surpassing Minshew's records, but their team still sucks bad and Air Force kicked their a**.

Sometimes I think this might also be the case with Purdy. Sure, his numbers usually look really good, but the team is still very average at best. I think he's a bit overrated if I dare say it?
Or Washington State has a very overrated coach who doesn't care about defense or line play?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We should stay with Campbell but some things need to change. Preaching details and excuses aren’t cutting it.
Jsb keeps asking this stupid question of, "Ok, who should we hire?" It's irrelevant because anyone who thinks Campbell is NOT the answer right now is crazy. Nobody with a sane mind is asking for him to seriously be fired. People are wondering why the heck we can't just once not step on our own foot time and time again. We are so upset this year because we have seen moments when this team can be very good. The reason this type of anger didn't happen in our 2-10 or 3-9 seasons in the past is because we all knew the team had zero chance and minimal talent at best.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Iowa state plays well after the coaches are done burying the team forcing a traditional run based offense and are forced to pass.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
We should stay with Campbell but some things need to change. Preaching details and excuses aren’t cutting it.

Yeah firing a guy that took Iowa State to a bowl game the last three years with our rich tradition of football excellence will certainly have the applicants lining up at JP’s. You guys are a bunch of toddlers when we lose. ND is a top 10 team and we are playing like crap. Ultimately that is the coach’s responsibility but no one should/is losing their job.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I’m sure we are right where we want to be heading into next season. Very discouraging

Reactions: AuH2O