*** Official #14 IOWA STATE vs #22 Oklahoma State Game(day) Thread ***

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think we are in good shape. Pretty obvious as to what the strategy is on D tonight, lockup forte and Nash and let newberry/cobbins/hickey beat you. Kudos to newberry and hickey for hitting their shots in the 1st half but I don't think they can keep up with hoiball in the 2nd half.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Didn't get to watch the first half due to my poor internet connection.

I'm seeing posts saying we played pretty well. If that is true and we are only tied, I don't think bodes well for the second half.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
While no player has more than two fouls, there's 4 that got two fouls and had to sit, which caused some odd/forced substitutions. I think this effected the flow. Hopefully they can get back into sync, and not have to worry about fouls... at least not until very late in the game.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Didn't get to watch the first half due to my poor internet connection.

I'm seeing posts saying we played pretty well. If that is true and we are only tied, I don't think bodes well for the second half.

Played well, just ISU shot poorly from 3 and OSU shot well from 3. Kind of the opposite of the OU game.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
As soon as McKay picked up his 2nd foul and left is when OSU went on their run to tie it. If he stays out of foul trouble in the section me half then I like our chances.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I think we are in good shape. Pretty obvious as to what the strategy is on D tonight, lockup forte and Nash and let newberry/cobbins/hickey beat you. Kudos to newberry and hickey for hitting their shots in the 1st half but I don't think they can keep up with hoiball in the 2nd half.

Agreed. Kinda worried about us having 4 guys with 2 fouls, but Nash also has 2 so I hope we attack him right away.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Good half overall. Played great defense for about 15 minutes. Gotta pick up the shooters in transition, but playing like we do at home normally, which makes me think we are learning how to play on the road (fingers crossed). First 4 minutes of 2nd half should be a good indicator of who wins this game.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Not getting back on defense has cost at least 9 points. We played well but tough to overcome a team who shoots 60% from 3. Big difference: they made almost all of their open 3s, we didn't make very many.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron