*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Either go f*ck yourself or go look at my history from the winter/spring of 2021 and you'll find out how I was feeling about the basketball program. Go ahead and move your lips while you read it if that helps with your comprehension.
So testy. You attacked plenty of posters over Prohm that last year which was really weird

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It's his one big flaw and a big reason why he was rated where he was. Still obviously has outplayed that a ton, and I'm so impressed with the rest of his game, but being THAT big of a non-factor in such a significant part of the game is going to hurt.

Needs to become, as you said, around a 30% guy this off-season. Doesn't have to be great there but just had to be able to exploit his guy sagging 10 feet off a little bit.
Right, he needs to at least make people respect him enough to think about guarding him out there.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Either go f*ck yourself or go look at my history from the winter/spring of 2021 and you'll find out how I was feeling about the basketball program. Go ahead and move your lips while you read it if that helps with your comprehension.
Dude, you were “dumbing” and “disagreeing” with just about every post that was critical of Prohm.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Someone needs to make that Cowboys copypasta into a Cyclones one for days like these

um-sir-you-need-actual-help-v0-srwa2ji1q8c81.jpg
One of my favorites. Gets me every time and almost always, people fall for it.

• Winner
Reactions: Darius Bieber

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So testy. You attacked plenty of posters over Prohm that last year which was really weird

Once again you're completely full of sh!t. I was off the Prohm train after the Florida A & M debacle the previous season.

And f*ck yes I'm testy when I get attacked by a$$holes who don't know what the f*ck they're writing about.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Loved the 2 FTs he hit but Big Rob needs some help with his flop. That turned out to be a pretty important FT they hit on the flop T call. :(

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Watch Tech lose the rest of their conference games and their only win would be against us.. that would be devastating.

Or maybe TJ is playing some 4-D chess to purposefully lose to Tech so they don’t fire Adams just yet?

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Well those last 15 minutes were tough. Time to regroup and beat KU Saturday. Our offense just disappeared with 10 minutes left. Also the whole team needs to practice free throws in the off season. Help Lipsey develop a outside shot and get Big Rob to settle down around the basket. That spin move in the 1st half was nice.
BRE needs to get position, keep position, with a good pass and spin to the bucket with leverage OR pass the ball out when he draws the double. That fixes a third of his problem plays right there.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
We need to bring Nick Weiler Babb back to show Tamin how to improve outside shooting from near garbage to above average in just one summer.
I think Tamin needs to retool his shot. Not sure if it's a hitch or what but his mechanics are not very good.

Bright side of that is I do think it's fixable to an extent. Doesn't need to be great there, but with work can become good enough to stop the extreme sagging we're beginning to see.