*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It was about this time last year that ISU looked pretty bad for a stretch.

The next three-four weeks might be pretty wild.

Not really....wasn't it the first part of the conference season when we started 2-7. We figured some things out in this stretch. But we are already at 7 wins, so we've got some wiggle room.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I get what the announcers were saying about Rob switching better than Shoon, but Shoon had a number of blocks and/or altered shots late that is probably the only reason we didn’t lose in regulation.

He’s also like 20-0 on jump balls. Why would you not put him out there for the tip and get first possession of OT?

I don't think they were wrong but also Shoon had also played a long time at the end of the game. He needed a couple mins off, and TJ pulled Rob pretty quick there. Kunc being available would have been huge in the second half.

Reactions: twincyties

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not really....wasn't it the first part of the conference season when we started 2-7. We figured some things out in this stretch. But we are already at 7 wins, so we've got some wiggle room.
Was pretty rough till the 2nd half of February. Things were crumbling after the ksu home loss then that team starting playing better.

Reactions: jsb

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
No you weren’t. You were literally the last one supporting him.

Either go f*ck yourself or go look at my history from the winter/spring of 2021 and you'll find out how I was feeling about the basketball program. Go ahead and move your lips while you read it if that helps with your comprehension.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I’m so sick of all of our sports teams being massive choke artists. What the hell is wrong with us? Lol I don’t get it.

Our entire existence around athletics is pain. See ya Saturday

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesFTW

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Call me crazy, but I feel like the game was lost in the first half when we went in to halftime only up 17. Feel free to draw your own conclusions for the reasoning for that.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
It would be really nice if Tamin could shoot even 30% from 3. That's all it would take
It's his one big flaw and a big reason why he was rated where he was. Still obviously has outplayed that a ton, and I'm so impressed with the rest of his game, but being THAT big of a non-factor in such a significant part of the game is going to hurt.

Needs to become, as you said, around a 30% guy this off-season. Doesn't have to be great there but just had to be able to exploit his guy sagging 10 feet off a little bit.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

6 wins.

Likely need 8 for a bid.

I'll have to check the schedule but it was about right now when they got beat by TCU at home, then lost a bunch before stringing 3-4 wins in a row to get to 7 wins.

We may see similar except yeah there's a cushion there with a good start..

Reactions: dahliaclone

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Refs were fine, we didn't attack the paint, and we do this thing where we just hack people at times for no reason. Can't do that on the road, almost all of them were fouls. The game was being called a certain way, and we did nothing to adjust.
We were getting fouled. There are no rules that say you can't get fouled unless you ate "attacking". Lipsey was getting bumped and pushed most if the second half, we do it it's a foul, they do it, play on.

It's as simple as that. We AND the officials let them back in and the excitment bias caused practically every call to go there way in the second half.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Maybe Jaz will fly in with his super man cape on and give this team a jolt.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well those last 15 minutes were tough. Time to regroup and beat KU Saturday. Our offense just disappeared with 10 minutes left. Also the whole team needs to practice free throws in the off season. Help Lipsey develop a outside shot and get Big Rob to settle down around the basket. That spin move in the 1st half was nice.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30 and CYDJ

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
6 wins.

Likely need 8 for a bid.

I'll have to check the schedule but it was about right now when they got beat by TCU at home, then lost a bunch before stringing 3-4 wins in a row to get to 7 wins.

We may see similar except yeah there's a cushion there with a good start..

We almost had 7 ;)

I'll feel better once we get 2 more. This conference is a ***** and you (obviously as we learned tonight) can't count on any wins.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'll admit I've not looked as his prep stats to see if he was successful (or at least adequate) shooting from deep. I am assuming he CAN shoot if given the green light, right? Maybe?
It's truly an anomaly for a young player his size and the position he plays to not only be a poor shooter, but a guy who defers if not refuses to shoot altogether. Kids his age have grown up watching guys like Steph, Harden, and Lillard and you would think try and model their games after them some, shooting 3s in the gym all day etc. I don't mean to knock Tamins game, because he's been pretty stellar with what he does do well. Defend, disrupt, dish and dribble. Hard to get too mad at him because he's really being asked to do a lot more than what most thought he'd be heading into the season.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I'll admit I've not looked as his prep stats to see if he was successful (or at least adequate) shooting from deep. I am assuming he CAN shoot if given the green light, right? Maybe?
No. He was under 25% from the high school line last year iirc.

Reactions: agentbear

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron