*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Nope. I was as ready as anyone else to move on from Prohm two years ago.

I don't like you because you're an arrogant tool who thinks way too highly of himself and you don't even have the common courtesy or decency to offer to leave the tip on a meal that someone bought for you. Total D-bag move.
Link to both claims?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I've thought at some point this team was probably in for a losing streak. Maybe we're starting it. Lipsey hitting a wall. Opposing coaches getting a bit better read on what we are. We're still probably bottom half talent wise in the league. We just have experience and effort on our side, but a lot like last year tired legs and the doldrums of the season are hitting this team. I think we'll pull out of it and quicker than last year, but may bottom out a little more. We'll see how they handle it.

Reactions: peatyscotch

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Might even be a higher seed. Still need to play at Texas, at Baylor, and at KState, all of which are probably losses the way we’ve played on the road.

I would chalk those up even if ISU played well.

Just getting a win at all is needed for the group. I don't see it Saturday.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I get what the announcers were saying about Rob switching better than Shoon, but Shoon had a number of blocks and/or altered shots late that is probably the only reason we didn’t lose in regulation.

He’s also like 20-0 on jump balls. Why would you not put him out there for the tip and get first possession of OT?

Here are my predictions:

Lose to KU Saturday and stop to low 20s in the rankings.

I think we finish 10-8 in the league at best. 9-9 is my predictions. Lose out on the road, lose to KU and one more at Hilton.

Probably a 7 seed in the tournament.

All the points here about us being exposed are true. Same happened last year. Coaches in our league are too good not to see it and our lack of talent will eventually bite us.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I’d also note Lipseys lack of a jumpshot is starting to hurt. Between Lipsey, Rob, Watson and to an extent King, we have 2 non threats to score on the floor at almost all times and it kills spacing. It’s hard when they are sagging off your PG by 5 feet.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Nope. I was as ready as anyone else to move on from Prohm two years ago.

I don't like you because you're an arrogant tool who thinks way too highly of himself and you don't even have the common courtesy or decency to offer to leave the tip on a meal that someone bought for you. Total D-bag move.
No you weren’t. You were literally the last one supporting him.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
UNI is a poverty program
And what exactly the f*ck does that have to do with anything involving tonight's sh!t show of a game?

Of course, I shouldn't expect anything more from a guy who openly called for T.J. to be fired within his first week because he retained an assistant coach.

• Dumb
Reactions: Malone

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I mean, sometimes Bob is the only option given our personnel. But he's in there in some puzzling situations, especially late when his FT% is a huge concern most games.
He’s still more likely to throw it off the bottom of the rim than put it through it

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Misery provided the guide to ending this team.

The staff either doesn’t have the wits or the players to counter.

Real, real concerned.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've thought at some point this team was probably in for a losing streak. Maybe we're starting it. Lipsey hitting a wall. Opposing coaches getting a bit better read on what we are. We're still probably bottom half talent wise in the league. We just have experience and effort on our side, but a lot like last year tired legs and the doldrums of the season are hitting this team. I think we'll pull out of it and quicker than last year, but may bottom out a little more. We'll see how they handle it.

It was about this time last year that ISU looked pretty bad for a stretch.

The next three-four weeks might be pretty wild.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
And what exactly the f*ck does that have to do with anything involving tonight's sh!t show of a game?

Of course, I shouldn't expect anything more from a guy who openly called for T.J. to be fired within his first week because he retained an assistant coach.
My mans has already repented for his sin

Reactions: awd4cy

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Is this a copypasta or what
Someone needs to make that Cowboys copypasta into a Cyclones one for days like these

um-sir-you-need-actual-help-v0-srwa2ji1q8c81.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: cyclonehomer

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Might even be a higher seed. Still need to play at Texas, at Baylor, and at KState, all of which are probably losses the way we’ve played on the road.
Yes, we've blown two of our best chances at road wins. Gonna take something special to get any further road wins the rest of the way.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
one more rant before I close down...

Why are we so hell bent on getting Jones the ball in crucial situations? or even lobbing to him? Do they ever watch fill and go, We have thrown him 14 lobs and he has bricked or somehow airballed 10 of them. maybe we should step back from that? I am a big film guy and that sticks out to me.
Ok...I am done.