*** Official #11 IOWA STATE vs West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

Joe Toussaint is throwing a little shade our way.

"They're a completely different team on the road," said WVU point guard Joe Toussaint, a veteran of three games against the Cyclones when he was playing at Iowa. "That's no knock on them. They're still a really good team. But obviously, there are holes in their game when they get on the road."

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

"They're a completely different team on the road," said WVU point guard Joe Toussaint, a veteran of three games against the Cyclones when he was playing at Iowa. "That's no knock on them. They're still a really good team. But obviously, there are holes in their game when they get on the road."

LOL I'm guessing the defense just got a little tighter on Toussaint.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Don't like this matchup at all, but the Clones are playing with house money here. Need to do something to limit the number of fouls that ISU commits in most games. Having Jaz and King, and a healthier Grill might help enough to get a win.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD

He is certainly someone who knows a lot about having holes in their game.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

Well he has eyeballs so...

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022

He isn't wrong, but hopefully this is a little bulletin board material for the guys.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
We’re the better team, but wvu seems to be playing decent and they’re at home so I’ll be holding my breath the full 40 minutes. 68-62 good guys

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
West Virginia leads the Big 12 in free throws attempted per game at 24.3 - that's #8 in the country.

I'll give everyone three guesses to come up with which team is last in the Big 12 in free throw attempts.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I cannot stand watching WV basketball and am expecting a very ugly game.

Road Ws in the B12 are always tough, so going into it I'm not expecting a W. Avoiding a Mizzou or Tech (very different games, but felt like similar things went wrong just at different points of time) repeat would be nice.

Gotta be prepared for pressure and attack it. Avoid a ten-minute period where the wheels fall off and it's definitely winnable.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
West Virginia's metrics look more like a 7-3 team than 3-7.

Touissant will probably have the game of his life and we lose 68-62.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
The more I think about it, the more stopping any runs from WV quickly will be huge. Avoiding situations where they can set up the press is a big key for this team in this matchup, it's maybe the spot ISU has struggled with the most when things have turned sideways at times.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
I'm always Cupped but seems never adequately prepared for Morgantown games. Have we really lost 7 in a row @ WVU or does it just feel like forever?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron