Nevada, IA
site.png vs West-Virginia-University.png

#11 IOWA STATE (16-6, 7-3 BIG 12)
VS West Virginia (14-9, 3-7 BIG 12)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH 6:00 P.M. CST
WVU Coliseum / Morgantown, W. Va.

TV: ESPN2
Talent: James Westling, pxp King McClure, analyst

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (Varsity Network)
CRN Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
c1E1k6m.jpeg

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Thanks Rulzzz

Do you know:

What West Virginians do on Halloween?
Pump kin

The difference between Virginia and West Virginia?
In Virginia Moosehead is a beer, in West Virginia it’s a misdemeanor.

The definition of safe sex in West Virginia?
Placing warning signs on animals that kick.

In the popular words of Hill Street Blues, “ Let’s be careful out there.” Go Cyclones!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
To me this is a no-downside game. Really dont expect to win, but if they do win its a huge bonus.

Actually i think texas and ksu are easier road games than this one. Morgantown is a long trip east, and home court matters a lot when huggyball (ie "they cant call em all!") Is your strategy.

Need to be smart, and Gabe and Grill both need to shoot it well.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
To me this is a no-downside game. Really dont expect to win, but if they do win its a huge bonus.

Actually i think texas and ksu are easier road games than this one. Morgantown is a long trip east, and home court matters a lot when huggyball (ie "they cant call em all!") Is your strategy.

Need to be smart, and Gabe and Grill both need to shoot it well.

Issue is that Texas has already won there. So if you're trying to keep up with them you have to match that win. Already have losses at two of the lower opponents. So a loss tonight isn't the end, but it would probably require wins at both Austin and Manhatten, which is a tough hill to climb.

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have a bad feeling about this game. All the things WVU does well are the things ISU struggles with. They play good D and get the to FT line a lot. Lipsey has to stay composed and not turn it over a billion times. If Clones can get a lot of turnovers and some transition baskets, then I think they'll win. Having to play against the WVU press all game spells disaster. Hopefully our D is better and Clones come out on top.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I have a good feeling about tonight. The pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together. We’ll go on a middle season run here. Drop a couple later in the season. 2-0 this week! Just need to play within the margins.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
There’s Rulzzz! Always a challenge to win in that cavernous place. Need to channel our inner Shayok. Go Cyclones!!!

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Here's an interesting stat about the TOP SIX teams in the Big 12 we should be VERY proud of and is encouraging:

#11 Iowa State beat Baylor, TCU (twice), Kansas State and split with Texas and Kansas. (That’s 6-2 in Top Six games!)

#17 TCU beat Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and lost to Iowa State, Texas. (That’s 3-2.)

#5 Texas beat TCU, Baylor but lost to Kansas, Iowa State and split with Kansas State. (That’s 3-3).

#9 Kansas (2022 defending national champ, 2008, 1988, 1952 national champ) beat Iowa State, Texas but lost to TCU, Baylor and split with Iowa State, Kansas State. (That’s 4-4.)

#12 Kansas State beat Baylor, TCU and lost to TCU, Iowa State and split with Kansas, Texas. (That’s 4-4.)

#14 Baylor (2021 national champ) lost to Iowa State, TCU, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas. (That’s 0-5.)

EVERY Big Six team has lost 2 or more times to other Big Six teams!

Iowa State is doing the best against the Top Six so far. Baylor has lost to all 5 of the other Top Six teams, which is the worst.
I must have missed when we swept TCU already.