*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I know everyone is going to be wanting to lay the loss on Milan, but that just isn't 100% true. He had two really bad turnovers. But how many shots did we miss from 2 feet tonight? We had at least 3 chances to tie and couldn't make a bunny to get a tie.
This was the definition of a team loss tonight. Yes, we can’t have Milan play that poorly and expect to win. But he’s still a freshman. Meanwhile we had guys with way more experience making really questionable decisions and missing easy shots.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
For those losing sleep over the missed bunnies, Illinois shot way below their average on FTs. If they are average and we make our bunnies then we still lose.

We had the talent to win tonight. Bad first half and Illinois was able to respond in the second half when we made our runs.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Oh Milan. You lost us the game. Wasn’t just the TO. Today it was black hole type of performance. You will be a great player, but tonight wasn’t your night.
Dumb comment. Milan was face guarded close at all times. That opens up other lanes we didn't take advantage of.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Maybe you haven't seen tj keep faith in his players even through bad times. Its what has made players (Gilbert, Milan earlier, Jaz lastbyear) able to get through their slumps.
Continuing to play good players that are having rough games is not the same thing as continuing to double everything when it’s getting slaughtered, and you make a run by playing more straight up.

• Dumb
Reactions: cyclonestunners

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Gotta make over 50% of layups to win. Contested layups are not easy, so I do not make this statement in jest. But man, we missed what looked to be several relatively easy, close looks.

Just sucks because this team will forever be a favorite of mine - so the end of their run is a strong, bittersweet one. However, I don't think it is coach talk to say they have established quite the foundation of the program & it is much stronger & better going forward because of them.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
We looked tentative, nervous for this game. We didn’t look ready for the moment, Illinois did.

This team has a lot of dog in it, and I’m proud we didn’t get blown out, but we had opportunities to tie, then lead this game. But we rushed things too much, played at Illinois pace, not Cyclone basketball.

TJ needs to solve our offensive disappearing act. Couple that with defense and we can get past the Sweet 16 next year.

What a fun season.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Continuing to play good players that are having rough games is not the same thing as continuing to double everything when it’s getting slaughtered, and you make a run by playing more straight up.
Continuing to double is what's worked all year and gave us a two seed. The amount of posters in here complaining that tj doesn't change the thing that got us here is absurd.

Reactions: NENick

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
With the ISU seasons usually end. I’m convinced UConn lays an egg Saturday and Illinois skips into the Championship game.

UCONN could play a less than stellar game and still beat Illinois. Illinois is a good team, not great........and I think them not having a true point guard is really going to hurt them against UCONN.

ISU had a great season and really couldn't ask for a better draw to get to the elite 8. Just came up a little short tonight.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron