*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Staying positive here. Just need to settle down and play their game. Illinois has cooled off. Need to stick to Shannon like glue and whittle away. Cut it to five by the 10 minute mark and Illinois will start feeling the pressure.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I know it's hard to remember but at the 12 minute mark or so we had 4 straight in and outs.

It just absolutely killed us mentally. We need our 3 starting guards to just let it fly with confidence, even though there is really no reason to be confident right now. It is what it is.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Domask’s signature move is back you down and then create space with a forearm to your throat.
To give credit where credit is due. He has done really well passing out of our double teams.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This. They are getting rewarded because ISU is smaller and less athletic and fouling. ISU is being affected by the length, not a bunch of uncalled fouls.

And there's not much to be done outside of laying off.

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
With how ****** that half went only being down ten isn't that bad. Get the offense going a bit and this lead isn't insurmountable. I've been yelling on my couch like a crazy person but gonna get a vibe switch for the second half.

Reactions: Cyburbbalz

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don’t even know what you adjust at half other than just make baskets

Move the ball, and get decent shots. That’s it. Half the shots, or more, were just HORRIBLE shots.

And quit being stupid and lazy on defense with all the fouls! Prime example was that last one by King. Was lazy and got beat for position on the rebound, so then was stupid and forearm shoved him in the back. Did he honestly think he was going to get away with that? Same goes for Ward’s last foul too. Got beat for the rebound, so blatantly fouled the guy.

Most of our fouls were actually fouls…. we’re just not moving our feet and committing stupid fouls.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Lipsey and Gilbert are struggling to finish shots in the lane. They aren't going to get many foul calls so they need to ratchet up the strength and concentration
Which is odd for me because Gilbert and Lipsey have been making layups all year and seven footers. Everybody looks like they’re shooting eighth grade layups right now.

Reactions: CYDJ

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Illinois had 30 (!!!) rebounds in that half, including 10 offensive rebounds. That's the real difference IMO. Rebound the damn ball and we would be fine.
Rebounding isn't a surprise. They're much bigger. The problem is the offense is looking like a Todd Lickliter offense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron