*Offical ISU vs North Dakota Game Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
You can tell UND is probably tired considering that guy couldn't even make a wide open dunk.

Now, if we could actually hit our shots...as someone said before, it shows you how horrible UND is.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Also the NCAA looks at these games. We need to win by 30+

yes, exactly. If we are a big bubble team (like the epitome of a bubble), the NCAA is going to say "Okay they won, but by only 5 to a bad team. Why should we put them into the tournament again??"

There IS such a thing as a bad win. There IS a difference between being optimistic and stupid. You don't want to be so optimistic that you are unrealistic.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
25-18 ISU.... ND shooting a 1 and 1 with a little over 2 minutes...

Terrible game so far. If ND starts hitting shots we're screwed if we don't pick it up.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
If we play like this in the Big 12, we will be murdered every game. The way we are playing has to be blamed on the coach for not getting the team prepared and interested in this game. You don't see even average teams play like this. Pathetic.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Huh?
I can't say that I have ever read anything about NCAA tourney selection that talked about crappy wins.
There are quality wins, and bad losses, but no one cares how many we beat ND by.

Yes, they do. If you are on the bubble and they see you've barely beaten a few bad teams, they will hold it against you. I read it in an interview a year or two ago with a selection guy and also it's just common sense.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
He has now called 2, but it's the end of the half so... i really hope JPs wish list for Christmas is having a new coach next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.