NU is back!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You clearly didn’t endure their fans every other year. Incredibly rude and creepy. Friend of mine in the band was assaulted by one who ripped her hat off her head for a souvenir. All the ones who had trouble getting tickets made the trip to Ames.
I saw plenty of ISU fans stealing stuff from other fans, depending on the section you're sitting in.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Gorm and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The sell out streak continues- Two mega donors bought out the remaining tickets to keep the streak at 376. Free tickets to anyone 8th grade and younger and their parents, along with free hotdog ,popcorn, and soft drink! :D

That would be a really great way to take a family to the games. I bet it isn't the only game they will have to buy out this yr.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The sell out streak continues- Two mega donors bought out the remaining tickets to keep the streak at 376. Free tickets to anyone 8th grade and younger and their parents, along with free hotdog ,popcorn, and soft drink! :D

The streak is a joke but buying them up and giving them to kids/families who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to go to a game is pretty cool.

Reactions: RezClone

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
The streak is a joke but buying them up and giving them to kids/families who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to go to a game is pretty cool.
Yep, and next week they are going to do that for first responders and military. I think they are banking on the BIG slate to get them through the rest of season. Sell outs will not do anything for the poor product on the field.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yep, and next week they are going to do that for first responders and military. I think they are banking on the BIG slate to get them through the rest of season. Sell outs will not do anything for the poor product on the field.

This is assuming Nebby has a team left to field after its loss by murder in Norman.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Nebraska's downfall in exchange for money will be the same fate for Texas.

No doubt this will end up being Texas’ fate as well. In most years they will be the fourth or fifth-best team in the SEC, behind Bama, LSU, Oklahoma and Georgia depending on the year. Maybe A&M or Florida in some years, too. I see them realizing this after 10/15 years and roughly five more coaching changes. Then they go independent. At least they can wipe their tears with Benjamins.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
No doubt this will end up being Texas’ fate as well. In most years they will be the fourth or fifth-best team in the SEC, behind Bama, LSU, Oklahoma and Georgia depending on the year. Maybe A&M or Florida in some years, too. I see them realizing this after 10/15 years and roughly five more coaching changes. Then they go independent. At least they can wipe their tears with Benjamins.
So, the same as their fate in the Big 12.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Nebraska AD just announced that seats in the End zone will be widened , reducing overall capacity. The sell out streak continues! No mention of Donors cheering, saving them money on buying unwanted tickets.

• Wow
Reactions: Lineup

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Nebraska AD just announced that seats in the End zone will be widened , reducing overall capacity. The sell out streak continues! No mention of Donors cheering, saving them money on buying unwanted tickets.
People are packed into those end zone bleachers like sardines. I went there years ago (Troy Davis years) and once you get into your seat you aren't going anywhere until halftime.
18 inches wide is narrow for a regular sized person.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
People are packed into those end zone bleachers like sardines. I went there years ago (Troy Davis years) and once you get into your seat you aren't going anywhere until halftime.
18 inches wide is narrow for a regular sized person.
Absolutely. Everyone had to sit at a bit of an angle because there wasn't enough width for you to sit shoulder to shoulder. You had to put your shoulder behind the person on one side of you and in front of the person on the other side.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

Help Support Us

Become a patron