Now that the season is over, will Pollard...

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
make one of his big announcements to fire up the Cyclone fan base and keep us all engaged?? Maybe something positive about the Master Plan for instance........

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He'll probably wait for something like that until the ladies finish their run in the tourney.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea since the guys finished the season on a 2-12 stretch. It's a long time until football season.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
He's going to announce an entire new MBB coaching staff of Mike Krzyzewski, John Wooden, and Bobby Knight, in order to please and appease some irrational fans.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Not much Pollard can say anymore. He just has to sit back like the rest of us and hope Greg and Gene begin to produce. You can only sell hope for so long.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Not much Pollard can say anymore. He just has to sit back like the rest of us and hope Greg and Gene begin to produce. You can only sell hope for so long.

Not true - he can tell us that stage 2 of the Trice renovations has been moved up to be done IMMEDIATELY!

CYnI

Mar 6, 2008
I had hoped this morning that people would have stopped the negativity toward the coaching staff, after watching the game last night.
GMAC had an excellent game plan. Our defensive and offensive strategy put us in a position to win going away.
When Jiri throws up a goose egg, Rashon does not score, and we shoot 20% from the field, miss countless free throws, specifically front ends of 1 and 1, have 15 offensive rebounds but only score in the 40's, do not blame the coaches. We had countless opportunities from 10' on in, many from 5' or less, and did not score. We threw up air balls and 3's with alot of time on the shot clock.
Appreciate what we do have, but do not look at the score and state that the game plan was not there.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Is it just me, or did an unreal amount of shots for us roll around then out? I counted twelve shots in the 2nd half that rolled around, then fell out. I don't know if the rims were really tight, soft, or what.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly

I think there are things Pollard could do. Yes, he could do exactly as you say and sit back, but a true leader finds ways to inspire and more importantly maintain the level of excitement that he's produced to this point.

Unfortunately, we haven't attained the ultimate goal of achieving on the field/court success as of late. This is an opportune time to give Cyclone Nation some inspiration to talk about with our coworkers.. in this time of darkness.

Something of the caliber of firm plans for bringing back baseball would be a start...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I just think he needs to finish a few things already started. I dont know if i can take anymore excitement. I need some time off from Cyclone sports to rest. This season has me beat. =)

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
He's going to announce an entire new MBB coaching staff of Mike Krzyzewski, John Wooden, and Bobby Knight, in order to please and appease some irrational fans.

I gotta tell U that I laughed at your comment "irrational fans"....I would put Jeff Khan @ KxNO in the group, his idea of a good time next year is no less than 8 wins in the big xii conference...

I'm still willing to give Greg Mac another four years to see what he can do with the mbb program...If after that time he can't get us a big xii championship then it just mite be time to look elsewhere for a coach but until that time, lets just give Mac his opportunity to get it DONE!!!!:yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron