Run Faster

Sep 28, 2020
Yesterday was another step in the learning process not only for Brock, but the program. Yesterday was disappointing....can’t take away from how I feel about this season and program moving forward. As of now we are the most equipt team in the conference to continue to compete with the likes of Oklahoma and Texas. Not the last time this program visits “Jerry’s World” under Campbell. Let’s finish the season eating some duck in Arizona!

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
So what? He was making chicken soup out of chicken sh*t.

I mean, Brock is just a little of columns A and B. Strengths and faults. Strengths are he's accurate at mid-short range, decently quick feet and evasiveness for a QB, and has a crazy desire to win. Faults are he's not good at the long ball and makes bad decisions when under pressure often enough that it stands out.

Our real problem is that our O-line and offensive coordinator shine a spotlight on the faults instead of playing to his strengths. OC calls 5 and 7 step long developing deep ball plays while our line is getting sliced and diced and Purdy is running for his life. Meanwhile we have 3 amazing TE's that he could be throwing fast developing stuff to for practically free.

Purdy has made high visibility mistakes because he's the QB which is the one position that it's taboo to sub out ever under any circumstances, but he's not the real problem.

• Informative
Reactions: DarkStar and cyputz

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The winner of all football games ever played is whichever team has the best Offensive and Defensive Lineman.....
Quoting Lenny Dawson...."The Offense starts with the Offensive Line and is only as good as the Offensive Line".

So its time to STOP BLAMING BROCK PURDY when Brock has Defensive Lineman in his face the entire game....

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
What about his message to the "haters AND losers"? :D

Purdy was under strong pressure all day. Dude still went 27-40 for with 322 yards with 3 throws he's love to have back. Hopefully the O-line improves heading into 2021 & we don't see the pressure-laden loses like OSU/OU.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Hating on Purdy is about as stupid and blaming the coaches. Nobody I know had a bad word to say about Purdy but I avoid the cesspool that is Cyclone Fanatic on FB and BB game day threads and all the idiotic "Coaches suck" or "this player sucks" thread that the arm chair QB's on this site like to start. Pretty pathetic really but internet tough guys gonna be tough..... LOL

Purdy never had any time because OU's rush was putting guys on Purdy in no time at all compared to Rattler who could have taken a nap before throwing the ball. When you're under pressure and always worried about what is behind you then you might rush passes. But Purdy by far is the best ever QB we've ever had so I'll take the bad with the GOOD.

But you cry babies do you.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Every player on the field has good games and bad games. All our special teams had a bad game yesterday (as usual unfortunately).... all of our OL had a bad game yesterday basically.... and yes Brock Purdy had a bad game yesterday. That's not hating on anyone.... it's stating facts.

I love Brock Purdy. We wouldn't be where we are without him. He's a warrior.... he doesn't get rattled and just keeps on playing.... he's a competitor and wants to win like no other..... but he had a bad day.... so why can't people say that? I have bad days all the time..... a LOT more often than Brock Purdy does, that's for sure! And I can admit that. And I'm not offended if someone mentions it when it's clearly true.

Was Brock under pressure most of the day.... yes.... so was Rattler at times and yet Rattler usually made the correct decision to throw the ball into the stands.... and Brock tried to force plays that weren't there. It's just what happened yesterday.... no reason to shy away from it. Doesn't mean I hate Brock Purdy.... very far from it. Love him.... and VERY glad we've had him all this time.... and very much looking forward to having him again next year!!!

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Some analytics folks are finding that QBs that throw the fewest INTs have fewer wins because they are more risk adverse. So there's some evidence that a bit of risk-taking (or certain level of confidence, maybe?) is needed for a QB to win the maximum number of games.

Purdy certainly takes some risks, throwing balls up for grabs. Hard to know if he's throwing "too many," costing us games, or throwing enough to maximize our wins. But based on the fact we're seeing some if the best football ever played in JTS, I don't think you can automatically say he is taking "too many" risks.
I’ve compared him to Brett Favre. He’s going to throw some bad interceptions, but he’s going to win you even more games because he’s not afraid to take chances where many others won’t.

And the thing with Purdy is, I have no doubt no one is going to be harder on him for this game than he will be on himself, and he’s going to take that into the offseason and work his ass off for next season.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I’ve compared him to Brett Favre. He’s going to throw some bad interceptions, but he’s going to win you even more games because he’s not afraid to take chances where many others won’t.

And the thing with Purdy is, I have no doubt no one is going to be harder on him for this game than he will be on himself, and he’s going to take that into bowl prep and work his ass off preparing for some unlucky team.
First things first...

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It took ISU almost 15 years to find a decent QB again. If you are hating on Purdy (which I haven’t seen a ton of on CF) - GTFO. We would be playing for a trip to the Texas Bowl without him. Instead we lost to a Top 10 team in the B12 championship game where more people probably watched ISU football than ever have before.

If anyone is shitting on Brock Purdy, you’ve turned into the type of fan everyone hates.

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
He is a great fit for what ISU does. I think the "book" on him is to put constant pressure on him and he will make poor decisions/throws at some point in the game. That's true of most QB's, but some seem to make mistakes at the most critical point in a game.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
He is a great fit for what ISU does. I think the "book" on him is to put constant pressure on him and he will make poor decisions/throws at some point in the game. That's true of most QB's, but some seem to make mistakes at the most critical point in a game.
I know you self admitted this, but yeah, pressuring QB's is always a thing for a reason.