Not trying to spark any problems, but...

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
if you believe in prayer or anything of the like, please say a few for CRPD Officer Tim Davis. No only is he a great police officer, but he's an amazing person. He's the first to lend a hand and the last to complain about it. He was assaulted during the line of duty last night and he is at the University Hospital in IC. Here's the story if you're not aware of the situation:

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090330/NEWS/703309950/1001/NEWS

Thank you.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
terrible, just plain sickening. Police officers do so much to protect us.

I hope a Hawk player is not involvrd since it was a robbery

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I'll keep him and his family in my prayers. Godspeed for him to make it back.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
WOW, I didn't know that was the Tim everyone was talking about, Tim is a great guy, from Solon and is also a former Marine, I have known him since we were both 16. We were both stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ for a while together and had some very good times, I wish him the best.

Reactions: CycloneDaddy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Prayers out to him and his family. Sometimes we just don't know why things happen. I suppose that is where faith comes into play.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
i wish him the best. 1st ave around that area towards COE has been a nightmare lately.

Hasn't it been that way forever? I grew up in CR and that area was brutal ever since I can remember.

My HS basketball coach's son got shot near there a few years back.

Best wishes to Officer Davis and his family.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Hasn't it been that way forever? I grew up in CR and that area was brutal ever since I can remember.

My HS basketball coach's son got shot near there a few years back.

Best wishes to Officer Davis and his family.

it's always been a rougher area, but 3 major things in the last few weeks. getting ridiculous.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
My Prayers are with him and his Family.

Increase in crime is a usual product of a down economy.
(not a political statement just a social human nature comment.)

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
My Prayers are with him and his Family.

Increase in crime is a usual product of a down economy.
(not a political statement just a social human nature comment.)

I honestly think it could be the economy and honestly, lots of people lost lots in the flooding last year. 2 of the factors.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
i wish him the best. 1st ave around that area towards COE has been a nightmare lately.

Your telling me. I work there every day. It's really turned into a bad situation in the area. For me, I work a ton of nights and weekends in the office. Thankfully, I park close to the building and watch my surroundings when I leave, but the area has gotten worse.

I really hope things start to change.