Nobody at the Outback Bowl

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
OSU qbs are like WV qbs to me. Is he better than Patterson at Michigan and McSorely at PSU? probably not.

I'll give you McSorely but I didn't see much from Patterson to make me think he was in the same conversation.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Since I know you are not capable of analytical study, I went ahead and did the same analysis with your cherished S&P+ data.

Guess what? It actually shows a worse comparison for your claims:

Since you like to deal in rankings:
Big 10: Offense 6th Defense: 2nd
Big 12: Offense 2nd, Defense 5th.

Sorted by Offensive table:
View attachment 61385

Sorted by Defense table:
View attachment 61388

So again, in conclusion, if the big 12 defenses are garbage, then by the same criteria the big 10 offenses are WORSE than garbage. (USING YOUR CRITERIA!)
Paging mr funny guy @benjimill

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Paging mr funny guy @benjimill

So you think that because the Big XII on average is the 5th best conference defensively and the Big Ten on average is the 6th best conference offensively, this somehow means that Big XII defenses are better than Big Ten offenses? You are quite literally comparing apples to oranges.

Your cute little chart shows that the average score (whatever that number is supposed to represent; you never made that clear) for Big Ten offenses (29.4) is better than the average score for Big XII defenses (28.6).

Seriously, how are you this dumb?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So you think that because the Big XII on average is the 5th best conference defensively and the Big Ten on average is the 6th best conference offensively, this somehow means that Big XII defenses are better than Big Ten offenses? You are quite literally comparing apples to oranges.

Your cute little chart shows that the average score (whatever that number is supposed to represent; you never made that clear) for Big Ten offenses (29.4) is better than the average score for Big XII defenses (28.6).

Reported

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
NFL guys love him apparently
The money and being at the pinnacle of your profession makes the NFL attractive. (not having to recruit 17 yr olds has to be attractive as well :))

Having said that....I still think the college ranks would be preferable to me. No patience in the NFL....it's pretty cutthroat.

I'd think Campbell is more suited for the college ranks. I could see him somewhere like Notre Dame if that comes available down the road......having said THAT....I think he stays at ISU at least for a few more years. At least till he wins the b12 or maybe get to the CCG. Then I think he'd be like "I accomplished what I set out to do". Seems like that sort of dude to me....

(edit. I could also see him just staying at ISU. Has a chance to be the "GOAT" and if he likes living there...why not? I believe he has young kids right? If so, the longer he stays the more attractive this scenario becomes. I know it was a big factor in KF's decision to stay)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: heitclone and JP4CY

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

You sir are the most arrogant and ignorant person I’ve ever had a discussion. A low score for defenses indicates a higher performance.

It cannot be laid out any simpler to you.

In short, simple terms that you still cannot understand, you are wrong again.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The money and being at the pinnacle of your profession makes the NFL attractive. (not having to recruit 17 yr olds has to be attractive as well :))

Having said that....I still think the college ranks would be preferable to me. No patience in the NFL....it's pretty cutthroat.

I'd think Campbell is more suited for the college ranks. I could see him somewhere like Notre Dame if that comes available down the road......having said THAT....I think he stays at ISU at least for a few more years. At least till he wins the b12 or maybe get to the CCG. Then I think he'd be like "I accomplished what I set out to do". Seems like that sort of dude to me....

(edit. I could also see him just staying at ISU. Has a chance to be the "GOAT" and if he likes living there...why not? I believe he has young kids right? If so, the longer he stays the more attractive this scenario becomes. I know it was a big factor in KF's decision to stay)
I'd say all of that is pretty spot on. Only thing I would disagree on (for me, not everyone) is the NFL. I could see wanting to make that leap if you are tired of the recruiting game and NCAA rules a la Fred Hoiberg.

Reactions: dexterhawk

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You are an idiot, seriously change your name, you are comparing games against OK WV and KSU to NE, WI, ISU, UNI. What is the travel distance for those fan bases. Nebraska games have always sold out in ISU and Iowa because they travel well and are adjacent to Iowa, and have many Nebraska fans in Iowa, Same with Wisconsin. Then 2 in state games. Please. Of course you only want to talk about this year because if you want to look at the real data your points make no sense and hold no water.
The point is everything you try to prove with your facts from this year can be disproved by looking at historical facts.
If you want to call ISU fans fair weather you are delusional, ISU fan base has been growing for decades through some of the worst years and has held steady historically. Iowa historically had the larger fan base but that is starting to shift.
Actually my points do make sense. We were talking of fan support for this years team for Iowa. I pointed out that Iowa did in fact have a ton of support. More so than ISU showed for their games with attendance data. I used that for comparison sake. To say the fair weather comment was not exactly fair, but it does make sense. Is there more attendance now that ISU is winning? are fans coming out of the woodwork to support a winning football program if the fan base is "growing"? Not sure your claim that Iowa is shrinking and ISU is growing makes sense. If that is the case the fair weather fans are showing up for a good team right now. Fan bases do not just grow. I do not see any Iowa fans switching over to ISU or Nebraska because they have the new coaches on the block. It is the fair weather fans switching over. Then they will switch back when things go bad because they do not care.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Actually my points do make sense. We were talking of fan support for this years team for Iowa. I pointed out that Iowa did in fact have a ton of support. More so than ISU showed for their games with attendance data. I used that for comparison sake. To say the fair weather comment was not exactly fair, but it does make sense. Is there more attendance now that ISU is winning? are fans coming out of the woodwork to support a winning football program if the fan base is "growing"? Not sure your claim that Iowa is shrinking and ISU is growing makes sense. If that is the case the fair weather fans are showing up for a good team right now. Fan bases do not just grow. I do not see any Iowa fans switching over to ISU or Nebraska because they have the new coaches on the block. It is the fair weather fans switching over. Then they will switch back when things go bad because they do not care.

We were literally talking about fan support at the bowl game so that's a lie

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL

That is blatantly false. Fan bases absolutely do grow. It happens time and time again. There are many factors that contribute to it, not just a good team. Yes, maybe those fans who jump on board to a good team are more elastic and will easily hop off when things aren't going so well, but the growth of Iowa State's fan base the past 10-15 years is clearly not just because of a couple 8-win seasons.

Pollard has done an incredible job of marketing ISU across the state and developing programs that build fans at an early age with the Tailgate Tour and Jr Clone Club. Get kids tied in early in their life (like a lot of us on both sides of the ISU/UI rivalry are) and they grow up as fans. They want to go to games, mom and dad have to buy tickets, etc. Then, as the kids grow up, they attend ISU (go check student body data if you don't believe me) and then become alumni and boosters, which in turn helps build those marketing programs and facilities to keep the cycle every flowing.

Nice try.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Another way for growth is ISU has a lot younger fan base. I would say the blue hairs are a solid 80% hawk fans. We have families for a fan base, Iowa gains fans by paying for the early bird special.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
You obviously struggled to read and comprehend my original post.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
24 teams? And how do you propose they deal with the logistics of 4 straight weekends of playoffs? You think fanbases have the time and money to go to a different city every weekend for a month straight?

And you thought Outback bowl attendance was bad......

My idea (not likely).

Top 8 teams get byes.
Teams 9-24 play at home of higher seeded team.
Down to 16 teams, play again at home of higher seeded team.
Quarterfinals, play either at home of higher seeded team or go to "bowl games"
Semifinals - play at neutral site
Finals - neutral

If FCS can have 24 teams, now sure why FBS can't do it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron