Nobody at the Outback Bowl

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
After reading some of this, I just have to add a few points to the Hok trolls, and god no I didn't read all your dribble, over the 70+ pages.

The argument that you have been there done that with the Alamo Bowl does not hold a lot of water. Because the years Iowa went to the Alamo Bowl, it was a bottom tier bowl, that at the time of the advent of the CFP and new bowl contracts the Alamo raised its compensation to become the top bowl outside of the CFP, and as of last year ranked 2nd of all bowls outside of the NY6 in compensation. The last year Iowa went to the Alamo Bowl they were the 8th place team in the B1G. See:
https://www.chron.com/sports/colleg...ls-Big-12-s-best-team-left-out-of-4587445.php

Next you brag about Iowa's attendance this year, something you try to hide the real facts.
Iowa had a huge benefit of a great home season this year having 2 in state games, plus Wisconsin and Nebraska in Kinnick 2 close fan bases that notoriously travel well and have many in state fans. Which this year the Iowa State game was the first sell out in 2 seasons at Kinnick, something that was aided by cutting over 1,250 seats from the capacity. You say this preferable schedule does not and would not change the overall outcome yet past years have shown other facts. Iowas average crowds 2015 - 63,142, 89%; 2016 - 69,565, 98%; 2017 - 66,337, 93%; 2018 - 68,043, 98% As you can see the years with the beneficial home schedule has had a direct impact on attendance. Iowa State has consistently been adding capacity to Jack Trice stadium a trend that is sure to continue, Iowa is reducing the capacity of Kinnick, something I doubt goes much lower but is trending to reduce capacity. But as things move on, a completed North end zone and a new sky box puts Jack Trice more than likely, at a larger capacity than Kinnick, if those things matter, which we all know they do to Hok fans.

Something you refuse to acknowledge is Iowa State is a growing fan base, Iowa is a shrinking one. The statistics prove that, and if you look at the data over the last couple decades it proves this. Iowa State as a whole is growing faster than Iowa, Iowa State is outpacing them in growth all around throughout the University.

Comparing road games in conference (something even though, throughout the Big 12 Iowa State fans are known to travel extremely well to and much better than the majority of other fan bases) to bowl games is ridiculous. Iowa State has traveled extremely well to every Bowl it has ever went to. This post is about the pathetic showing Iowa had at the Outback Bowl and saying you saw a lot of Iowa fans at the Illinois game or Bowl game ON TV just makes you sound even more stupid. Bowl games are Post season neutral location (usually) and are a totally different situation than a regular season away from home game.

Then trying to come up with excuses to cry about why Hok fans didn't attend the bowl game, because they keep going to the same bowl etc. Blame the B1G for their constant bowl contracts year after year, decade after decade with the same bowls. Isn't it the Hok fans and B1G fans that constantly brag about having these same bowls over and over and having these New Years day bowls no one wants, apparently? Isn't it these same people that brag how great the B1G contracts and payouts are, and brag about history and tradition, would you use the same excuse if it was the Rose bowl 6 times, would your fan base travel then or would they expect the National Championship to travel for?

This post is about Bowl attendance, nothing more, yet the you triggered scared Hok fans cant handle it. I could go on all night but frankly you aren't worth it, you come in here and go on and on how you don't care, yet you continually come in here and Troll along. The Hok fan base spends more time worrying about the Cyclones than they do their own team. What does that tell you, threatened much? I for one can say I have never been on one single Hok board, I have never searched out Hok fans to troll them, yet I see it all the time on Iowa State Boards, on Iowa State social media posts, on news articles about Cyclone teams, nothing but Hok trolls constant dribble. I've never seen another fan base care so much about a team other than the team they supposedly cheer for than the Hoks do for the Cyclones. You guys search for this constantly, you hunt for everything Cyclone to troll it, its Pathetic. It really is.

TLDR

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
After reading some of this, I just have to add a few points to the Hok trolls, and god no I didn't read all your dribble, over the 70+ pages.

The argument that you have been there done that with the Alamo Bowl does not hold a lot of water. Because the years Iowa went to the Alamo Bowl, it was a bottom tier bowl, that at the time of the advent of the CFP and new bowl contracts the Alamo raised its compensation to become the top bowl outside of the CFP, and as of last year ranked 2nd of all bowls outside of the NY6 in compensation. The last year Iowa went to the Alamo Bowl they were the 8th place team in the B1G. See:
https://www.chron.com/sports/colleg...ls-Big-12-s-best-team-left-out-of-4587445.php

Next you brag about Iowa's attendance this year, something you try to hide the real facts.
Iowa had a huge benefit of a great home season this year having 2 in state games, plus Wisconsin and Nebraska in Kinnick 2 close fan bases that notoriously travel well and have many in state fans. Which this year the Iowa State game was the first sell out in 2 seasons at Kinnick, something that was aided by cutting over 1,250 seats from the capacity. You say this preferable schedule does not and would not change the overall outcome yet past years have shown other facts. Iowas average crowds 2015 - 63,142, 89%; 2016 - 69,565, 98%; 2017 - 66,337, 93%; 2018 - 68,043, 98% As you can see the years with the beneficial home schedule has had a direct impact on attendance. Iowa State has consistently been adding capacity to Jack Trice stadium a trend that is sure to continue, Iowa is reducing the capacity of Kinnick, something I doubt goes much lower but is trending to reduce capacity. But as things move on, a completed North end zone and a new sky box puts Jack Trice more than likely, at a larger capacity than Kinnick, if those things matter, which we all know they do to Hok fans.

Something you refuse to acknowledge is Iowa State is a growing fan base, Iowa is a shrinking one. The statistics prove that, and if you look at the data over the last couple decades it proves this. Iowa State as a whole is growing faster than Iowa, Iowa State is outpacing them in growth all around throughout the University.

Comparing road games in conference (something even though, throughout the Big 12 Iowa State fans are known to travel extremely well to and much better than the majority of other fan bases) to bowl games is ridiculous. Iowa State has traveled extremely well to every Bowl it has ever went to. This post is about the pathetic showing Iowa had at the Outback Bowl and saying you saw a lot of Iowa fans at the Illinois game or Bowl game ON TV just makes you sound even more stupid. Bowl games are Post season neutral location (usually) and are a totally different situation than a regular season away from home game.

Then trying to come up with excuses to cry about why Hok fans didn't attend the bowl game, because they keep going to the same bowl etc. Blame the B1G for their constant bowl contracts year after year, decade after decade with the same bowls. Isn't it the Hok fans and B1G fans that constantly brag about having these same bowls over and over and having these New Years day bowls no one wants, apparently? Isn't it these same people that brag how great the B1G contracts and payouts are, and brag about history and tradition, would you use the same excuse if it was the Rose bowl 6 times, would your fan base travel then or would they expect the National Championship to travel for?

This post is about Bowl attendance, nothing more, yet the you triggered scared Hok fans cant handle it. I could go on all night but frankly you aren't worth it, you come in here and go on and on how you don't care, yet you continually come in here and Troll along. The Hok fan base spends more time worrying about the Cyclones than they do their own team. What does that tell you, threatened much? I for one can say I have never been on one single Hok board, I have never searched out Hok fans to troll them, yet I see it all the time on Iowa State Boards, on Iowa State social media posts, on news articles about Cyclone teams, nothing but Hok trolls constant dribble. I've never seen another fan base care so much about a team other than the team they supposedly cheer for than the Hoks do for the Cyclones. You guys search for this constantly, you hunt for everything Cyclone to troll it, its Pathetic. It really is.

WkHZm6r.gif

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

If you took time to read, that response is to this years team. And how much support they got. Iowa supported them throughout the season even though it was a typical Iowa season (7-5 average with a chance to go 8-4 or 6-6). I was not comparing past years, just this one. Stadium size should have nothing to do with it. If Iowa fan base is shrinking and ISU growing (hello fair weather fans, duh) then why was it like that? ISU had OK, WV, KSU, at home too and had a night game. To my knowledge they did not sell out any of them either. But I could be mistaken. Support was not supreme for ISU, they just showed up when their team was finally going bowling against a P5 team.

I simply pointed out that Iowa is in fact getting bored with those type of seasonal outcomes and want more. They want to go to more places, better places. ISU fans can pound their chest all they want, but the fact does not change that this is new for them and they will probably grow bored to if it went on like that for 19 years. It is not hard to comprehend if you actually think about it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you took time to read, that response is to this years team. And how much support they got. Iowa supported them throughout the season even though it was a typical Iowa season (7-5 average with a chance to go 8-4 or 6-6). I was not comparing past years, just this one. Stadium size should have nothing to do with it. If Iowa fan base is shrinking and ISU growing (hello fair weather fans, duh) then why was it like that? ISU had OK, WV, KSU, at home too and had a night game. To my knowledge they did not sell out any of them either. But I could be mistaken. Support was not supreme for ISU, they just showed up when their team was finally going bowling against a P5 team.

I simply pointed out that Iowa is in fact getting bored with those type of seasonal outcomes and want more. They want to go to more places, better places. ISU fans can pound their chest all they want, but the fact does not change that this is new for them and they will probably grow bored to if it went on like that for 19 years. It is not hard to comprehend if you actually think about it.

I don't think we'll ever see "Campbell fatigue" in Ames

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
CMC won't be old and stubborn in 10 years though. He also probably won't be at ISU so that's a moot point

You dont think CMC will make it 10 years? where would he go? OSU was open this year, ND maybe? Browns and Bengals are open now, well just the Bengals I think at this point in time. I fail to see why he would leave in 10 years. Maybe for an SEC type school?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You dont think CMC will make it 10 years? where would he go? OSU was open this year, ND maybe? Browns and Bengals are open now, well just the Bengals I think at this point in time. I fail to see why he would leave in 10 years. Maybe for an SEC type school?

A high level NCAA job or the NFL

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
A high level NCAA job or the NFL
I think he stays. I know you do not like the comparison because they are totally different, but Kirk was rumored to go to a few places in his day. I remember chatter around KC, Jacksonville in the pros and Michigan at one time, but he stayed put. Campbell may be in that mold too. Not everyone will pull a Fred.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

You are an idiot, seriously change your name, you are comparing games against OK WV and KSU to NE, WI, ISU, UNI. What is the travel distance for those fan bases. Nebraska games have always sold out in ISU and Iowa because they travel well and are adjacent to Iowa, and have many Nebraska fans in Iowa, Same with Wisconsin. Then 2 in state games. Please. Of course you only want to talk about this year because if you want to look at the real data your points make no sense and hold no water.
The point is everything you try to prove with your facts from this year can be disproved by looking at historical facts.
If you want to call ISU fans fair weather you are delusional, ISU fan base has been growing for decades through some of the worst years and has held steady historically. Iowa historically had the larger fan base but that is starting to shift.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think he stays. I know you do not like the comparison because they are totally different, but Kirk was rumored to go to a few places in his day. I remember chatter around KC, Jacksonville in the pros and Michigan at one time, but he stayed put. Campbell may be in that mold too. Not everyone will pull a Fred.

Agree to disagree. He's big time, he'll be at a blue blood or NFL eventually IMO

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Agree to disagree. He's big time, he'll be at a blue blood or NFL eventually IMO

Not sure that Campbell’s rah-rah, #wininthedark schtick would work particularly well in the NFL. I also don’t think he is regarded as much of an X’s and O’s tactician, is he?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not sure that Campbell’s rah-rah, #wininthedark schtick would work particularly well in the NFL. I also don’t think he is regarded as much of an X’s and O’s tactician, is he?
"I like him a lot," said one NFL exec who has gotten to know Campbell over the years from being on campus to evaluate his players. "He has the personality for it. He's been highly productive. I can see why he would appeal to NFL teams. He is definitely generating a buzz."
-CBS sports

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Much better at X's and O's than your analysis of pretty much anything.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron