Nobody at the Outback Bowl

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are we really arguing about a .6 difference here? Why dont we all just agree that one year does not define a conference reputation. Maybe the big 12 is on the up and up for defense. Maybe it was because they did not have the Mahomes type QBs to deal with and they other offenses came down to earth. Maybe their coaches started to figure out how to coach defense at a P5 level. Ok that last one was a joke, but you guys get the point. This is incredibly stupid to argue about.

That Kyler Murray kid sucks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
These computer generations can be goofy and not very accurate. Lets use BJ's sagarin numbers. They have Georgia way ahead of Texas, Texas dismantled Georgia just a few days ago. Would not have been as close as it was if not for some mop up time scores. Then you have Michigan still ranked way ahead of Florida, who treated UM like a 10 dollar hooker.

Mississippi state ahead of LSU even after LSU convincing beat them and finished higher in the conference. There are many more but I won't continue

Here is another example why computer generated stuff is messed up.

I mostly agree as well.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The Big 12 QB's were loaded this year

Not like in years past, good yes, but not as good as prior years. They always do have good QBs.

Murray is obvious, but the next best guy is Purdy IMO. While good, he is not going to light the world on fire.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Are we really arguing about a .6 difference here? Why dont we all just agree that one year does not define a conference reputation. Maybe the big 12 is on the up and up for defense. Maybe it was because they did not have the Mahomes type QBs to deal with and they other offenses came down to earth. Maybe their coaches started to figure out how to coach defense at a P5 level. Ok that last one was a joke, but you guys get the point. This is incredibly stupid to argue about.
All I am saying here is if benji thinks big 12 defenses are garbage, then by the same metrics big 10 offenses are garbage...

(those posts are just outing benji's nonsense and bs, just as the numbers show to anyone with half a brain)

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
All I am saying here is if benji thinks big 12 defenses are garbage, then by the same metrics big 10 offenses are garbage...

(those posts are just outing benji's nonsense and bs)
Yeah he is kind of ridiculous

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not like in years past, good yes, but not as good as prior years. They always do have good QBs.

Murray is obvious, but the next best guy is Purdy IMO. While good, he is not going to light the world on fire.

Murray, Grier, Purdy, Ehlinger and Cornelius is half of the league. It was loaded

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The funny thing about that is they come in 4th in wins if you look at the win loss. Basically I am saying it is all about how you look at statistics.
Big 12 also only has 10 teams, where the others have 14, 14, 14, and 12 teams.

But as you know the winning percentage already has that calculated.

• Winner
Reactions: jmkc12

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The funny thing about that is they come in 4th in wins if you look at the win loss. Basically I am saying it is all about how you look at statistics.

Does that have anything to do with 4 less teams in our conference than the ACC, SEC, and Big 10?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Big 12 also only has 10 teams, where the others have 14, 14, 14, and 12 teams.

But as you know the winning percentage already has that calculated.

You could also say more mediocre teams make the Bowls in those other conferences.... I am saying it is easy to cherry pick. Why say 2016? why not 2013 and on up or 2009? It is all subjective.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah he is kind of ridiculous
In all honesty I don't think the conferences as a whole are all that different in terms of overall ability. The big differences are number of teams in the conferences, and basically overall pace of play (tempo). If you noticed this year the offense/defense numbers somewhat normalized to compared to years past; big 10 picked up tempo, and I think big 12 somewhat slowed down.