Nice win (spoiler alert)

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Was it good for the moral of the team to play the starters so much in blow out? It was weird in game not close at all not to play the bench more.

I dont think so because:

The bench players did not play well at all and I think Mac was proving a point. Each time they got in they looked lost and the point difference narrowed. The quick turnaround may have had something to do with this.

The starters need the work and to work together in a game.
They had a short game Monday and need to get court time at some point.

It was ulgy at times tonight but the Texas Southern not being good had something to do with that. Things are coming together for this team. Clark could have a huge season if he keeps this up, he just keeps getting better as the season goes. 80 points without WJ scoring not a bad thing.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
When you play an ugly Texas Southern team, you can expect some ugliness on your side of the court as well. I wouldn't be too critical about this game. Having said that, I see more positives than negatives in this game. Peterson had more assists and no turn overs, Jiri had a good game, Clark did his job as usual, Brackins looks consistent enough.

Now let's go to Vegas and beat the Boilermakers, Purdue is very beatable!

mojo

Apr 13, 2006
Manchester, NH
I agree, Granted 20 point win is nice, but not a blowout in my opinion and our young squad can use all the game time experience it can get, especially before we really start getting tested in conference play.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
There was a CLEAR difference in the level of play between the starters and the backups. McD had to preserve the win as he said on the radio.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
how about that alley oop on the out of bounds play to Brackins.. was that sick or what?!

anyway i like the fact we have had these 2 games.. alows us to get some confidence and try new things... the bench was a little off tonite but Jiri was huge so that helped

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
i liked the midget. does anyone know what he's listed at?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Very solid guard play tonight. Diante wasn't in much, but dished it out (good progress). That 3 by Rahshon was gorgeous. The alley-oop dunk by Brackins was fantastic, too.

The game got way too close in the first half when they went deep into the bench. I don't doubt that GMac did the right thing.

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
I didn't see the game. How did WJ look? I noticed he didn't score in 20 minutes.
He seemed fairly active and had decent mobility from what I could tell on the TV, but his timing seemed to be way off. His shot was way off, too, obviously. I hope it doesn't take him as long to get back to form as it did for Jiri.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
That short guy really needs to get some new shorts. I can't believe the ball didnt get caught when he dribbled through his legs!

Help Support Us

Become a patron