Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Beautiful. Nothing more to say.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I really think JTS gets a really bad rap from people on this board. When it's full, with the upper decks, it has the look of a big time football stadium. I'm not saying we are up there with the elites in the nation holding 80k plus, but it definitely is in the top 5 compared to other stadiums in the conference.

On multiple occasions, I've shown pictures to people who don't know much about ISU and they always say, "WOW, I had no idea your stadium was so big."I think the problem is we are all too use to seeing it. We realize there are improvements that need to be done, but to the outside eye, non elite programs in the country, I don't think it's as shabby as people here think it is.

That's a great pic of it too.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
It cycles through the various stadiums. I visited the site and it was Texas' stadium. Refresh brought up ISU. Another refresh brought up Missouri. Yet another brought up aTm.

Rio4CY

Sep 29, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I have clicked on the link at least 50 times to see all the different pics they have and still no Kansas St. That is funny!

Agkistrodon

Feb 14, 2009
I have clicked on the link at least 50 times to see all the different pics they have and still no Kansas St. That is funny!
I refreshed probably 30 times just to get ISU to come up. I got Kansas and Kansas State repeatedly. Both Texas and Baylor came up once only, and I don't think I ever saw Texas Tech or Oklahoma.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I really think JTS gets a really bad rap from people on this board. When it's full, with the upper decks, it has the look of a big time football stadium. I'm not saying we are up there with the elites in the nation holding 80k plus, but it definitely is in the top 5 compared to other stadiums in the conference.

On multiple occasions, I've shown pictures to people who don't know much about ISU and they always say, "WOW, I had no idea your stadium was so big."I think the problem is we are all too use to seeing it. We realize there are improvements that need to be done, but to the outside eye, non elite programs in the country, I don't think it's as shabby as people here think it is.

That's a great pic of it too.

There is no way in HELL it's in the top 5 compared to other stadiums in the conference. You can't have been to any other stadiums to think that. It doesn't touch Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma State. Missouri definitely ranks higher so that's already 5. Tech also ranks ahead minus the whole being in Lubbock part.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The biggest thing holding JTS back is the disconnected sides. If it was one contiguous structure, it would be ahead of KU, KSU, Baylor, and TTU.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
There is no way in HELL it's in the top 5 compared to other stadiums in the conference. You can't have been to any other stadiums to think that. It doesn't touch Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma State. Missouri definitely ranks higher so that's already 5. Tech also ranks ahead minus the whole being in Lubbock part.

I happen to like JTS, yes it could use improvements, but when it's full, with both sides having upper decks, it looks impressive to me. More so than a lot of the "better" stadiums that only have an upper deck on one side. I'm talking pictures here, not actually being there. Since that is what we were commenting on, picture. But JTS definitely doesn't look as out of place against the other stadiums there as a lot on this board would have you believe.

Flame away.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Hmm I wonder why? It is never too early to do lookalikes!

kansasstatefootballstadium.jpg
mexico-dump.gif

I can't wait to get these lookalikes started again!

CloneCone21

Mar 11, 2009
Ames
Believe me. As a high schooler looking at Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and Wake Forest for college, JT looks nothing short of heavenly.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
KSUs stadium is a fine place to watch a game. Wooden seats make it a unique experience and and nostalgia. The playing surface on the the hand isn't that great.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
rival fans of ours have said jts looks like "a glorified high school stadium"

show me a high school stadium with an upper deck. On both sides. That seats 50,000+

if anything, a stadium like kinnick or ksu is the glorified hs stadium. just taller stands on each side and two more on each end. lots of stadiums have brick around the outside.